Driveshaft shop in SoCal ??

motoxscott

Reaction
I'm gonna be putting in a C6 transmission in my F-150 very shortly and was wondering who's a good place in SoCal to build a new driveshaft or to modify the stock one that that has offroad experiance and supports this sport?

What do you guys think, 1 or 2 pc? It's a 2wd extra cab shortbed. I have the stock 8.8 axle in there now and will be pulling 14-16" of travel until I link it down the road.

Thanks for any info.

-Scott

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
JE REEL in Pomona...he does a lot of big dogs...Robby G and Riviera to name 2 off the top of my head. Speak to Jim, he is the owner. Tell him Davis Motorsports sent you.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

OGCamber

Reaction
I just had a driveshaft built by the Driveshaft Shop in Placentia. They're on Placentia Avenue just north of Crowther. Ray totally hooked me up with a killer deal.

Courtney Halowell
Editor, StreetTrucks Magazine
www.streettrucksmag.com

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Drivelines Unlimited in Lake Forest, behind the Irvine Auto Center.
I have the number here somewhere...

Good stuff.

-Gabe

jeff

Reaction
I too used the Driveline place in Lake Forest. Had my S-10 shaft rebuilt and balanced there. Told them I was without a vehicle until they got it together and they had it done in a matter of hours. Same day service and no problems. Price was fair too. Wouldn't say cheap, but cheap ain't always cheap in the long run.

Aloha

bajaboy

Reaction
Drivelines has build shafts for my old team and personal vehicles , Good stuff , good customer service.

Eric "Bajaboy"

hxckidd

Reaction
i got my driveshaft balanced there and they built my buddies driveshaft. they even came out and did all the measurements at his house. super nice guys.

motoxscott

Reaction
What are you guys using in your race trucks?? Steel, larger diameter aluminum? 1 pc 2 pc ??

I just want to get some info before I walk in the door.......

Thanks so far.!

-Scott

NOODLE

Reaction
Try Inland Empire Driveline. They build good stuff. Ask for Nacho.

tedmales

Reaction
i would say inland empire is one of the best hands down, but they know it and it costs for the best. they do a bunch of drag race drive lines.

life is too short to be small

bROk

Reaction
Yes Id like to know as well what the 'Big Boys' are using for drive shafts, steel, allum??? Ive heard some run 4130 shafts? Is this true? Diameter sizes? Thanks

A smart-ass is better than a dumb-ass

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
OC Driveline in Placentia for sure!!! like OGCAMBER said. those guys are cool as hell and know their stuff, ive had a few shafts made there over the years and ill be going there next week for another one for my yota. ask for ray. and bring a thirst for some ice cold beer. they love to hangout, drink beer and bs. its a great place.

motoxscott

Reaction
Thanks Matt for the late post ..... lol.

My C6 is still sitting on the garage floor. I hope to have it in the truck by San Felipe if I take it down then.

-Scott

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
jajaja. no worries man. ill promote that shop to the end. they are great guys!

it was actually kinda a mistake..............that whole posting thing. stoopid me wasnt paying attention........too broke i guess. lol