Driving Shoes

Maxwell_99

Reaction
I just scrolled way back in this thread. Couldn't find a single post on driving shoes. I remember Seeing Dan McMillin talking about the Oakley crew shoe awhile back but couldn't find it.
Anyone have any advice on which they prefer and why? I have the low top Simpson shoes right now. They're great except for the sole is a little flimsy for walking around the desert.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

DRTRCR86

Reaction
I wear all the fire protection possible except driving shoes. As co-rider I broke my ankle in 2013 digging the truck out of a silt bed. I now wear 6" black leather boots which will provide ankle support and some fire protection, It just isn't stylish. I think UPR has an Oakley off road driving shoe that is different than the crew shoe.

mean_green

Reaction
I have been made fun of a couple times haha but I just wear cowboy boots. Keeps all rocks and sand out of the boot and good support. Nothing worse then trying to keep it floored with a lil something making its way into your ankle shoes

DeRaRa

Reaction
I've always used the Simpson High Tops plenty of support for the silt and very comfortable.

y2kbaja

Reaction
I remember walking around before the start of the B500 one year. You could tell the drivers from the co-drivers by their shoes. Drivers in driving shoes and the co-dogs in extreme hiking gear. They were ready for battle.

JDDurfey

Reaction
I remember walking around before the start of the B500 one year. You could tell the drivers from the co-drivers by their shoes. Drivers in driving shoes and the co-dogs in extreme hiking gear. They were ready for battle.

I bought some high top Simpson shoes and regretted it as a co-driver. I was wishing later I had boots on getting out to change a tire in cactus thorns, would have been nice to have some leather protection.

ACME

Reaction
Ian: Look at the Lico shoes. They have a thicker rubber sole and still decent feel on the pedals. Gema and I have used them for years.

jon coleman

Reaction
wolverines const. boots, leather, made to go hike the desert scenery, and u can shave the sole to get that perfect heel & toe shifting thing figured out.there only around a 120 bucs.