Driving Shoes

Advertising supports this site

racer56

RDC Crypto
Racing shoes are a must. Besides the safety aspects they do not get hung up like street shoes and allow you to have a better feel for proper brake application. JMHO

trent06

Mush
RDC Crypto
I use the Piloti DTM shoes. They are just as confortable as normal shoes which is a feat conpared to lots of the driving shoes that are out there! The safety aspects of the shoes is why I chose to use them though, confort was just a big plus! I would recommend Piloti driving shoes to use.

Demp

#mikesson
RDC Crypto
I ALWAYS wear driving shoes.... you can feel the pedals, more ankle support, lighter feet :D

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
RDC Crypto
You guys are gonna crack up but in the south alot of guys run whatever they woke up that morning, slippers, open toe sandals, ect. its hilarious. Dumb rednecks

KConlon

RDC Crypto
I use to always drive with a pair of vans, which to me are still better than driving shoes, but in a 16 car i would hit stuff so hard my shoe would fly off. So i switched to alpine stars at the last bitd race and they are pretty comfortable plus they keep the dirt out better.

harleys dad

RDC Crypto
I have allways wore my regular steel toe high top boots. My freind Peter Clark allways wore flip flops when he raced class 11 in the 70s lol I have never had a issue wearing the boots, but I have had friends regret driving shoes when cactus went rite threw them!! My own opinion, money could be spent elswhere than fancy driving shoes, I get a good laugh when I see some in real fancy shoes.

hammer down racing

RDC Crypto
I always wear normal skate style shoes in the race car. I had a pair of Sparcos that I used while testing and gave them away after the first time I wore them. Jumping out of the car with the Sparcos sucks. They didn't have any cushion and the rocks jacked my ankle up. In the car they were comfortable but I didn't think they were any better than my normal shoes.

Rhinestone Cowboy

Can i ban pdailey?
RDC Crypto
I wear CROW'...Always duct tape the laces!

Bad move. Ask Cory Maclenathan to see his wrists. When he caught on fire years ago the duct tape he had around the cuffs of his gloves became one with his skin. Now hes got permanent duct tape lines around his wrists.