drove my first prolight lastnight

crower

went to barona yesterday and ran the # 22 chevrolet prolight on the dirt oval. Matt Barney was kind enough for a few sessions with his crew members ! After everyones hard work it was there turn at the wheel for once. Kenny was a mad man and drove it like a pro. , i wasn't really planning on driving it till matt said hop in.. and im glad i did. it was a real thrill to feel the power of this engine and how we'll the truck reacts. the power to weight ratio is outstanding!
After a few warm up laps in 4th gear at lower rpms i clicked her to third and WOW!!! It was jumping off the corner @ 5500 and just hitting 8200 before the big wall scares you . Somehow everyone kept her off the wall...
on the oval it was all finese and throttle control , great practice for turn 1 and 6 at elsinore. thanks again matt , kenny , troy and dayton. See you all at the races

ProLite13

went to barona yesterday and ran the # 22 chevrolet prolight on the dirt oval. Matt Barney was kind enough for a few sessions with his crew members ! After everyones hard work it was there turn at the wheel for once. Kenny was a mad man and drove it like a pro. , i wasn't really planning on driving it till matt said hop in.. and im glad i did. it was a real thrill to feel the power of this engine and how we'll the truck reacts. the power to weight ratio is outstanding!
After a few warm up laps in 4th gear at lower rpms i clicked her to third and WOW!!! It was jumping off the corner @ 5500 and just hitting 8200 before the big wall scares you . Somehow everyone kept her off the wall...
on the oval it was all finese and throttle control , great practice for turn 1 and 6 at elsinore. thanks again matt , kenny , troy and dayton. See you all at the races
Sweet now you need to drive my truck with the Ecotec in it and see the what the difference really is I'm curious.:)

Whenever you are ready Dan let me know.

DP:cool:

crower

#13 maybe we can get your eco up to barona on one of the test days. The oval is really fun in these trucks , we can switch off , you try the pushrod , we try the cammer? leave the body off ...the wall is really hard on those. Keep in touch with me. The honda engines are being fitted with clutch , igniton , carbs.