Drug Testing for Off Road Racing

Should these drugs be legal in Off-Road Racing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mark_Weyhrich

Reaction
The ugly head of performance enhancing drugs has been around our sport for a while now. From what I know, it began in the Short Course arena, but the proliferation in the desert ranks has been explosive.

Specifically I am referring to the use of Adderall and some other similar medications. It would probably shock most of you to know the names of those who are using these drugs to attempt to gain a performance advantage. Judging by the seemingly meteoric rise in performance of some of these individuals, it unfortunately seems to work.

I personally feel that this has no place in our sport and I would be up for everyone taking drug tests to ensure we are all competing clean.

For what it is worth, I think all of you who are doing this are pussies. Man up. Show up clean and lets see how good you really are.

redline

Reaction
Well I guess i must be a pu$$y to you since I take Adderall everyday! I don't take it for performance gains i take it so I can actually focus instead of bouncing between projects or walking in circles being distracted by everything. Those of us that take it because it has been prescribed to for the right reasons do not have the same effects as people who do not need it in the first place! I still eat, still get tired, still sleep, ect. Before you go Pistoling people make sure know facts.

lvsteve

Reaction
Well I guess i must be a pu$$y to you since I take Adderall everyday! I don't take it for performance gains i take it so I can actually focus instead of bouncing between projects or walking in circles being distracted by everything. Those of us that take it because it has been prescribed to for the right reasons do not have the same effects as people who do not need it in the first place! I still eat, still get tired, still sleep, ect. Before you go Pistoling people make sure know facts.

If you take it on a daily basis thats different than someone taking it for the sole reason to perform better.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Where do you draw the line? Does someone who had a medical card get DQd for positive pot test? Does someone with a legal prescription get DQd?

This isn't the NFL or MLB we don't need to open the doors and issues that that brings.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Should someone stoned be racing on the the same track? Why not just do Meth and race away? Oh wait, NASCAR already settled that one, didn't they? Yeah, why open doors? Why should anyone in this sport set good examples? Next thing you know, some guy will show up in a helmet and give money to schools and orphanages and kids in Mexico! Hell, that might lead to kids not joining gangs and running drugs. Can't have that!

fatnbald

Reaction
if you take it on a daily basis, you know he's not calling you out. you also know that if you need it on a daily basis, your body treats it different than those that take it in a "immediate release" form.

the sanctioning body needs to have a firm grasp of what they are testing for or you could make a mess.
put Sonnen rite out of business.

Mark_Weyhrich

Reaction

Do you really think I am talking about you? Really?

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Should someone stoned be racing on the the same track? Why not just do Meth and race away? Oh wait, NASCAR already settled that one, didn't they? Yeah, why open doors? Why should anyone in this sport set good examples? Next thing you know, some guy will show up in a helmet and give money to schools and orphanages and kids in Mexico! Hell, that might lead to kids not joining gangs and running drugs. Can't have that!
Your post is irrelevant as meth can in no way be compared to pot.

That is just plain stupid.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
pot and meth: Don't they both affect your mental state?
BTW, never heard of Adderall, is it fun?

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
Reaction
Really? This is interesting to say the least. As soon as I read it one name immediately came to mind. In high school I was prescribed it, and really hated it because it made me very quiet and a little angry. I stopped taking it for a couple years and then one day took it again and wow was it different. I could see how it could help you not get sleepy maybe, but I don't see how it can make you drive faster or have less fear or something.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
What does Adderall do to non prescribed users who do not nees it for medical purposes?

LantanaTX

Reaction
Your post is irrelevant as meth can in no way be compared to pot.

That is just plain stupid.

So stoned on Pot is OK to race?? That is plain stupid. Yes they should drug test and DQ a positive result, and suspend them for a length of time. The ability to kill the fans and each other are much greater in desert racing and IMO, the same rules applied to other motorsports should apply to off road racing.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
What is stupid is you putting words in my mouth. Please point out where I said it was ok? I did not, all I said was dont compare meth to weed, one is synthetic and one is an organic plant with 2 completely different effects.

LantanaTX

Reaction
What is stupid is you putting words in my mouth. Please point out where I said it was ok? I did not, all I said was dont compare meth to weed, one is synthetic and one is an organic plant with 2 completely different effects.

Sorry, thought we were talking about drugs and racing. Agree with you on the difference but neither has a place in a racing.