Drug Testing for Off Road Racing

Should these drugs be legal in Off-Road Racing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
Ok, clearly we need a new class - quick, someone call Zaiden.

In this new class, drugs will be required. Everybody must get stoned in the class, pick your drug of choice, booze ok, psycho chicks allowed as substitute only if you have a 3-seater and fill both extra seats with psychotic women. And the best for last, they have to start behind the golf carts. This is a sportsman class, name: Mind Altered. If it takes off then we will add Pro Mind Altered.

R_Markey

Reaction
I believe this could be a good idea in the future but right now I feel like the sport has other things to focus on...

Mark_Weyhrich

Reaction
From what I have been told, the reason they take it is because it dramatically increases the ability to concentrate.

I have no idea if it helps you to stay up, but I would assume that is a benefit as well.

Look, I don't ever think drug testing will happen in Off-Road Racing. I just am really disappointed at the things people will do to try to gain an advantage. Am I judging? I suppose I am. I just hate seeing the purity of competition in our sport continue to erode.

J BomBer

Reaction
From what I have been told, the reason they take it is because it dramatically increases the ability to concentrate.

I have no idea if it helps you to stay up, but I would assume that is a benefit as well.

Look, I don't ever think drug testing will happen in Off-Road Racing. I just am really disappointed at the things people will do to try to gain an advantage. Am I judging? I suppose I am. I just hate seeing the purity of competition in our sport continue to erode.

it does increase your concentration by a lot , and depending on the person it can keep them awake for long periods of time

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Sounds like something I'll need to take if I ever go back to school Zzzzzzzzz...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

roostthemoon

Reaction
I just am really disappointed at the things people will do to try to gain an advantage.

Kids that take it to concentrate in class......do you consider them cheaters when they receive their deploma?

Diploma hahahaha maybe I should have used some drugs in school

stokessdca

Reaction
Wow A new RDC record this thread went to shxx in only 3 posts. Drug Testing ?? good question.

Maybe they will hold the tests in Paris.....

Fish you have to know by now that the drug testing will have to be held live on " Dirt Live " TV. with your host George Antill and Diane Dahlgren. And special guest .....................

drtrider145

Reaction
Up with HOPE DOWN WITH DOPE!!

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Hey Fox, don't let me stop you from a good time, I was just bringing up meth because a successful NASCAR driver was busted over it along with some Rx meds and is now basically destitute. Those who want the sport to 'Go Pro!' should expect pro treatment. I could give a rat's a$$ what kind of high you get with either, just don't think promoting it in the sport is bueno at any level.

gavacho

Reaction
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1402614454.619139.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Perhaps apply similar rules to what is done in society. If it impairs your driving and is illegal to consume while operating a motor vehicle then the same applies to racing. Conduct checks where there is suspicion of abuse.

Marijuana and Alcohol would not give you a competitive advantage so I doubt anyone takes them in racing. If one does they would get more out of it for the finish line celebrations.

Amphetamine use is an old trick used since ww2 by those that need a concentration boost with disregard to bodily harm. Adderall has its medical purpose and is legally being prescript in the US and Mexico as well. Abuse is rampart and it is very easy to come by.

I am in favor of disallowing it in racing but you open up a can of worms of enforcement. One may have a prescription and is a legitimate user while others can easily make such a false claim while using it.

Every rule requires enforcement and people will find ways to break (or they call it bend) such rules.

Good topic

Last edited:

mexracer10

Reaction
One of the most used drugs at college is now??? Guess what adderoll, people take it so it helps them study, its no super drug but you would be surprised how many people in the library going on 15 hours of studying are on it. Its the same dam things here at school, or at the track, its BS who ever takes it for that reason..........

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Hey Fox, don't let me stop you from a good time, I was just bringing up meth because a successful NASCAR driver was busted over it along with some Rx meds and is now basically destitute. Those who want the sport to 'Go Pro!' should expect pro treatment. I could give a rat's a$$ what kind of high you get with either, just don't think promoting it in the sport is bueno at any level.

I will never use a drug that has battery acid as part of the ingredients like Meth does. For you to even compare the two only illustrates your lack of knowledge on this topic.

The worst drug I've done to date, besides Vicodin for post surgery (even then I used a quarter what the doctor recommended) is alcohol. Your illusions on weed make your opinions irrelevant.

Baja Jim

Reaction
I would like to see alcohol testing before the race. Simple blow test. At the 500 I saw several racers and even more chasers $heet Faced night before race. If you want to race both you and your team should have their heads together race day!

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
I would like to see alcohol testing before the race. Simple blow test. At the 500 I saw several racers and even more chasers $heet Faced night before race. If you want to race both you and your team should have their heads together race day!
But its the acceptable drug. It sponsors the race and is associated with "good times". I am all for it but very obviously a majority of society celebrates it and also abuses it daily. Moderation is key and as a racer it should stop many hours prior to racing and as professional the week of to get the most out of your body.

Kilian

_
Reaction
Having taken adderall before, I'm extremely against this in off-road racing. Used primarily to study in college as suggested above, the first 2 hours of use were usually spent cleaning or organizing. And I mean CLEANING or ORGANIZING. Your brain works twice as fast IMO but if this makes sense, I was focused on not focusing. Everything distracted me, probably because I was full of energy and ready to go. So if you can pinpoint that on one or two tasks, it's most definitely an advantage. Once I settled in, I was pretty set. But those first couple hours were all over the place. It's definitely an advantage for long endurance races.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Bricoop

Reaction

In regards to "Going Pro" would it make sense to just have those restrictions on the top class(es)? If RN can take Score to the next level drug testing isn't a terrible idea. But only test the top classes similar to other sports and if guys fail, they are DQ'd. But testing all classes for merely having traces in their system is a waste of time and money.

This is a very good idea. They are also developing tests which allows people to be tested if they are currently under the influence of marijuana. This wouldn't affect anybody who smoked a joint a week before the race but is sober the day of.

I think the community needs to evaluate why the testing is necessary. Is there concern with safety or concern with unfair advantages or both? Also, an adderall prescription is quite easy to get, basically eliminating the ability to DQ someone over it if testing becomes the norm. A few caffeine pills can give you a similar effect.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
You guys remember Jeremy Mayfield from NASCAR? He was caught with prescription Adderall and an over the counter Claritin D in his system and has never raced again. BTW, NASCAR tests the crew members too.

He also tested positive for meth. Twice.