Drug Testing for Off Road Racing

Should these drugs be legal in Off-Road Racing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
RDC Crypto
Website
www.upr.com
Your not going to increase your skill level to drive a race car with any drug. If you're a stick and ball guy, cyclist its a different story.
A proper mix of vitamins could get you a similar effect as Adderall without cranking your heart rate up.

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
RDC Crypto
Your not going to increase your skill level to drive a race car with any drug. If you're a stick and ball guy, cyclist its a different story.
A proper mix of vitamins could get you a similar effect as Adderall without cranking your heart rate up.

I couldn't disagree more strongly. I'm no pharmacist or doctor, but I don't think any mix of "vitamins" is gonna come anywhere near pharmaceutical grade amphetamines, which is what Adderall is.

I have NO DOUBT that it could help me in a long race. I'm nowhere near as seasoned as most of the guys on this site, but I know even after a few hours in the seat I start making little mistakes here and there. Adderall would absolutely help me in this area by keeping me focused and kind of amped up, my daily vitamins and even some of my other totally legal supplements do not (at least not nearly the same).

I would be bummed to hear of somebody abusing drugs illegally in order to boost their competitive edge in off road. If there is somebody doing that, they have clearly lost touch with what this "sport" is all about.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
RDC Crypto
Gosh, I've never taken no Adderall.

Am I missing out or what??? ;-)

CFreeLV

RDC Crypto
Your not kidding. The way everyone talks about adderall makes me think I haven't taken my talents to the next level. Guess I need to address my ADHD that I've let go by the waist side all these years. ; )

Gosh, I've never taken no Adderall.

Am I missing out or what??? ;-)

Jacob Wisdom

RDC Crypto
Website
www.AmericanVagrant.com
Amphetamines (Adderall, Ritalin, Metadate, et al.) offer a performance advantage in any physically taxing activity by combating fatigue. Don't believe it? Try them. Not necessarily in a sporting scenario, just do them sitting at home. Next thing you know you'll be crossing things off your to-do list until 6 in the morning.

Me personally, I can admit that I feel the affects of fatigue...whether it's in class 11 or class 12. It definitely takes a toll on my speed and attempting to compensate for it can easily lead to making mistakes.

Off-road racers are generally a prideful bunch (you have to be if you're spending $15,000 to race for a $2,000 purse). With that in mind, consider that not saying anything about supplemental drug-use implies their legality.

If using amphetamines is legal, why would anyone feel like a cheater by using them? Deem them officially illegal, and many will stop using them simply to maintain their self-image as a respectable sportsman (an admirable motivation IMO).

Cliff notes: The first step is agreeing on their legal status. The second step is devising an enforcement plan.

ProfessionalPitMan

RDC Crypto

I watched a story about a pitcher using PED'S a couple years back on ESPN. He said taking the drugs made the game feel like it was in slow motion. His % in the strike zone went up, and he actually became an offensive weapon. That same hand eye coordination and added concentration 700 miles into a race could definitely positively benefit an already elite driver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

CMI CHUCK

RDC Crypto
From what I know, it began in the Short Course arena,

For what it is worth, I think all of you who are doing this are pussies.

I think the testing should start with you Clown. Are you on Crack? A short course race last for 20 minutes for crying out loud! And anyone who comes on a public forum and start making nameless accusations is a Pussie!

Jeff Furrier

ADVERTISER
RDC Crypto
Website
www.upr.com
I’m not condoning the use, I’m saying there are better alternatives than Adderal that are legal. Any off road guy that’s using amphetamines and thinks it’s an advantage should do a little research.

I deal with this stuff daily with a couple athletes in my family, I’m not a doctor or pharmacist either, but you don’t have to be to understand how they work.

PED covers lots of substances; it’s not likely Adderal is going to strengthen a baseball players arm. I think Adderal was specifically mentioned, so that’s what I am addressing.

I vitamin mix that you could use in your drink instead would be more effective(its being done on other pro motorsports and has been for years). It would also give you other advantages that being jacked on speed wouldn’t. It’s not like you’d take 20mg of Ritalin and go run a marathon, you’d be better off with vitamins. I’m not talking Flinstone’s so it would likely cost more, but it would work better.

I think there should/could be a licensing process before we get into drug testing.

BSchlimme

RDC Crypto
I am also curious to know the answer to this question...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
At least for large companies the Republic of Kalifornia does not allow random drug testing. Gotta have 2 or more people finger the person and have some element of probably cause.

Oregon might be different.

jeepinSD

RDC Crypto
I just think this is funny because when i was racing cross country mountain bikes, the discussion was nearly exactly the same, and it was regularly tested in road cycling. It basically came down to very few people give a s**t about mountain bike racing, it's pretty much a horrible spectator sport and there's little to no money in it (sound familiar?). If you need to dope to be faster, go for it, enjoy your shrunken balls and 13 minutes of glory. Everyone knows, or at least suspects it, so forget any respect from your peers. Tell me if it was worth it in 20 years.