Dry Sump

randy1123

Who is running them and why?
Who's is the best and why?
Does is give more HP?

It may be a dumb question to some, but I looking for opinions.

JRod

fast-aid.org
Does is give more HP?

dailey engineering = best in the world....and built in the good ole USA.

At least TRD thinks so.... As well as several other HUGE race teams in all forms of Motorsports......

......and PDailey makes hid appearance in 3......2......1.....

ProLite13

Most teams are using the dry sump system I beleive.

Dry sump system seperates the air bubbles in the oil through baffles also less drag on the crank = more power and constant oil to the motor no matter how it's bouncing around.

jmason912

Does is give more HP?

Peterson makes a complete Honda system. Also allows you to run the PS pump off the back of the pump and eliminate a belt. Uses an aftermarket dampener such as ATI. I can have the electromotive timing wheel added to the back of the dampener and eliminate the distributor.

More than anything if gives you reliability. HP increase in single digits at best.

proud dad

Dailey makes the best. Go see Pat and have him give you a tour. The quality is second to none!

cdc12372

More than anything if gives you reliability. HP increase in single digits at best.
If you take a wet sump engine and change it to DS with no other changes, I agree.

If you make the propper changes to your engine your HP gains will be deep in the double digits!!!!!

jmason912

If you take a wet sump engine and change it to DS with no other changes, I agree.

If you make the propper changes to your engine your HP gains will be deep in the double digits!!!!!
With a 700-800hp Pro2 or Pro4 motor no doubt, but with a maxed out limited venturi 1650cc 4-cylinder engine, not likely.