DSC Reservoir adjusters on shocks with reservoir feed off the bottom

Jacob Wisdom

Reaction
I purchased some internal bypass shocks that I'm considering adding dual stage reservoir adjusters to - currently the shocks are configured with the reservoir line at the top of the shock body, but I buy into the merits for moving this to the bottom. If my thinking is correct, doing so with DSC reservoirs will essentially put the adjustment stages on the rebound side rather than compression, correct?

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
No. It will still work the same. It's just you will have all the fluid going through the piston with resi out the bottom and you won't have to worry about cavitation.

On and internal BP you can put the resi outlet anywhere on the body, it doesn't need to go at the bottom.

Edit, had to take Mikey off ignore to see his reply, beat me to it LOL...... Good point on the Fox VS King though. Fox you can take anywhere off the body. King would need to come out the bottom.

Jacob Wisdom

Reaction
No. It will still work the same. It's just you will have all the fluid going through the piston with resi out the bottom and you won't have to worry about cavitation.

On and internal BP you can put the resi outlet anywhere on the body, it doesn't need to go at the bottom.

Edit, had to take Mikey off ignore to see his reply, beat me to it LOL...... Good point on the Fox VS King though. Fox you can take anywhere off the body. King would need to come out the bottom.
Thank you for the info, these are Fox shocks modified by Lothinger. So for this setup (and it sounds like pretty much all) it would be recommended to relocate the reservoir output to the bottom?

Is this as simple as cutting the old fitting off/plating old hole and then drilling new hole down low/welding the fitting on?

And finally, do you know a good shop for doing the work near Long Beach? I only MIG

Last edited: