dual rate coilovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktaco666

Reaction
I need your input on this one... I currently have camburgalar's long travel front susp. on my 01 tacoma, with their sway away coilovers. I've had those shocks on there for over 3 years and the bodies have started corroding, and the plating on the shafts have started chipping off and rusting and recently started leaking oil :(. it sucks. SO my idea is to ditch those lame ass coilovers and go with like a 14 inch travel dual rate FOX coilover with resi's... possibly adding some bypasses later on (i'm not made of money!) The reason for the dual rates is because the c/o's i got now ride reeeally rough and after already buying better springs I figured the dual rate would be better. My question is I've never set up dual rate coilovers and I'm pretty much looking for someone to suggest what i should stick in there for my setup??

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Here is a picture of a truck using our LT kit with a dual rate coilover setup and by-pass shocks.
Another option for you is.... We now have a new FOX shock that fits in the stock location but will have better plating and a stainless steel shaft. They will still be a single rate spring. There is nothing wrong with a single rate spring and on your truck it will not be better to go dual rate. I would run the new FOX shocks with an airbump and by-pass shock. In the long run this will save you tons of fab time / money and give you great performance!

If you have any other questions call me any time and we can go over a few options...

Attachments

blacktaco666

Reaction
thanks for the info guys... i didnt mean to bash on camburg either, they sell awesome stuff, but mine's a little worn out :) I think I'll do some more research then post what I come up with and see what u guys think...

Status
Not open for further replies.