Dual sport riders

SDranger

Reaction
I know not everyone reads the Save the dezert forum as much as they should(myself included) so if you ride a dual sport or are thinking of getting one(like i am) or would like to preserve your right to ride one someday please check out this thread Dual sports illegal??

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
So basically you can't register a dual sport vehicle with a green sticker without an emission sticker? Well it just so happens that I bought a DRZ-400 today, so it caught my fancy, but it registers fine.

tim_krueger

Reaction
What happens to my 02 XR 650R that already has plates? Will they dare tell me to send them back, and that I can't ride on the street any more. What’s next...my truck...next thing you know we will all have to walk....and wear helmets while doing so.

Crayfish

Reaction
I have all but to go back to the DMV for a third time to finish registering my CRF230 for dual sport. There is a sticker that was on the back fender that happened to peel off and I think that helps. It was the sticker that said OHV only hmmm wierd that just that one peeled.

It's still a pain in the ass especially if Honda Finance holds the title.

Another word of advice, get your dual sport registration before the first 30 days or wait until after a year, otherwise it will cost you an extra hundred bucks for some reason.

Good luck

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I registered mine when I got it, but of course I entended on streeting it right away.

I am going for my license next week and everyone tells me that the questions are confusing and the oposite of what is in the book, any one know?

tim_krueger

Reaction
I guess you’re taking the written class M permit test. It seemed like common since to me. I only missed one question, and that’s because it was long and I didn’t want to read the whole thing. They also made me take a written class C test as well, I think I missed 3 on that one and I tried hard too. When I turned my tests in the lady asked to see my drivers license, so I gave it to her. She through it in a box and told me I wouldn’t get it back, I hade a paper permit/license and was only allowed one form of license. I asked her how was I supposed to buy beer, and she said I was going on a diet (what a bitch). Any way I went almost a year before taking and passing (thanks to a generous DMV employee) my M1 riding test. One year is a long time to be without a picture ID
. The riding test is all about using the clutch; I pretty much let it slip the whole time to go slow enough. I’m sure you’ll do fine and its soooooo worth it to hop on your dirt bike on a day like today and cruse to the beach or up a trail in the Cleveland national forest. Good luck!

YotaWhoopRunner

Reaction
From what I remember, both the permit test and the test during track training were pretty straight forward. I'd say it was almost too easy since they let some kinda shakey people pass.

It sucked when I was with out a picture ID for 4 months! It took so long to get a reservation for training.

Good Luck!