• Forum membership has its advantages....

Dubai International Baja 2018

GEO_DXB

So there we are for the 2nd iteration of the ex-Dubai International Rally which was part of the Middle East Rally Championship and is now part of World Cup for Cross-Country Rallies under Dubai International Baja.

Entries are open and 1st version of the Rally Guide is live:

:.Dubai International Rally.:

Prep in full swing now to enter our 2WD buggies - we are looking at 3 vehicles + a guest appearance sharing our facility at some point.

spalind

So there we are for the 2nd iteration of the ex-Dubai International Rally which was part of the Middle East Rally Championship and is now part of World Cup for Cross-Country Rallies under Dubai International Baja.

Entries are open and 1st version of the Rally Guide is live:

:.Dubai International Rally.:

Prep in full swing now to enter our 2WD buggies - we are looking at 3 vehicles + a guest appearance sharing our facility at some point.

There will be multiple SA built Nissan's there similar to the one that just won the Hail Baja Rally along with a crew from SA to support them all.

I "hope" you are not including me as the "guest appearance" as that would be profoundly disappointing for everyone! But I will be there that week, emptying port-a-potties, sweeping the service mats or whatever else is needed for me to pull my weight.

GEO_DXB

We just expect you to have fun in the sun, see the way we race, how we work on cars and how we chill afterwards and spread the word about the fact there is desert racing outside Baja, RG and Dakar. And if you can spanner - even better. And we want you to bite the bullet and come back for Abu Dhabi - the real desert that just overwhelms you and you get hooked. And if you can tell a story at RDC - even more better habibi ( which is an arabic word which politely means "dear" or "beloved" with no sexual front to it LOL) (even more better is one more thing you will hear along with "same same but different", "hello mamsir" and many other very arabic but no so arabic things).

Again, I will supply a Y62 Patrol not available stateside just for you to use (not abuse) if you promise you will from time to time forget the RedLined Nissans (for all the many reasons)

GEO_DXB

The guest appearance is someone who can haul ass in a 2WD buggy! (Not Nasser, RG, Bryce or Sainz or Loeb). But well worth a look.

spalind

We just expect you to have fun in the sun, see the way we race, how we work on cars and how we chill afterwards and spread the word about the fact there is desert racing outside Baja, RG and Dakar. And if you can spanner - even better. And we want you to bite the bullet and come back for Abu Dhabi - the real desert that just overwhelms you and you get hooked. And if you can tell a story at RDC - even more better habibi ( which is an arabic word which politely means "dear" or "beloved" with no sexual front to it LOL) (even more better is one more thing you will hear along with "same same but different", "hello mamsir" and many other very arabic but no so arabic things).

Again, I will supply a Y62 Patrol not available stateside just for you to use (not abuse) if you promise you will from time to time forget the RedLined Nissans (for all the many reasons)
Ha! Done deal!

michael_loomis

I can wrench.. let me know who wants to fly me over. Lol

Edit: sorry.. spanner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Tobin

I can wrench (spanner), cook, shoot photos and write articles... but I can't afford a ticket over to do those things!!! jajaja