dui

Advertising supports this site

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
To improve driving skills, maybe traffic school and then to manage alcohol maybe AA. Actually if found guilty the judge will suggest the same for the next year+ or so.

nhuitt

RDC Crypto
Website
www.pfluegerracing.com
he dose desirve what ever happens to him i agree, but he is my little brother so i want to help the punk out. I hope everyone on RDC can learn somthing and stop others from the same tipe of mistakes.

UndercoverFab

RDC Crypto
[ QUOTE ]
he ran the stop sign cause he was drunk. i am just looking for info on what he should do.

<hr /></blockquote><fonp class="post">

he should lose his license, go to jail and get heavily fined, anybody who doesn`t have enough common sense to not drive when their drunk shouldnt be allowed to drive in the first place.

91yotaprerunner

RDC Crypto
i dont think ur gonna find any help, he needs to just take what comes his way. If he was stupid enough to get behind the wheel while he was drunk once, what is gonna stop him from doing it again. Maybe if they are harsh enough he will learn. I lost my license just for rearending an old man that cut in front of me, that is no where near as bad as a DUI. i just dont understand what help u are looking for, the law is gonna do what they feel necessary. He needs to just take it as it comes, serve his time, and not do it again.

singlehanded

RDC Crypto
Dont waste money on a lawyer unless your trying to reduce it to a wet and wreckless. If hes over 21 he willl lose his license for a month and then get a restricted liscense. He will have to go to 3 , 6 or nine month classes depending on bac. Go to a feww aa meetings and pay around 250 a month for insurance. Also the fines and classes end up costing about a thousand bucks.

ACID_RAIN28

RDC Crypto
Website
www.pfluegerracing.com
If you get a real good lawyer you could get less than that, but yeah if you don't want the hassel or the bill just go and get what he has coming to him, and just get it over with, hopefully we and he learns from his mistake. I can't even count the people in my town that i know that have a duce. It is lame and they all said the same thing "I never do it"

btshannon

RDC Crypto
Ahh yes, the best is still to come. Staying the night in the drunk tank was the easy part. Paying the fines and fees aren't really all that bad (they take payments). Going to "Don't get a dewey" school was not fun, if you miss three classes (no matter what) you are in front of the judge again. Being told that you are an addict by a recovering druggie social worker is very unpleasant. Being on probation for 3 years was the worst part for me. Knowing that you can be pulled over for no apparent reason and having a friendly patrolman check to see if you have been imbibing. I am not a big fan of The Man and I try like hell to keep our two worlds separate. Having The Man keep his thumb on top of your head for three years is an unpleasant feeling. Also being told by a prospective employer that you cannot be hired because of your driving record is also a major frustration.
All that can be done now is repay your debt to society, listen to the recovering addicts at "drunk school", and try to tell all of your friends to behave themselves.
This same thing could happen to most of us (especially out at the races), so remember, if you have to to pee, you probably have had too much beer to drive legally.

Dave_G

RDC Crypto
Waxer,
Putting aside weather he deserves "this" or "that" let me give you my $.02 worth here coming from a reserve deputy sheriff. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go into a court of law without a lawyer representing you if you are charged with a crime that can carry jail time such as a DUI can. If he is over 18 years old and the court deems that he does not have the financial means to afford a lawyer he should seek representation from a public defender. It's his right to have legal counsel no matter how stupid he was at what he did. He's going to need someone who is experienced in understanding the system to sort out what will be the best options for him in handling this matter.

Dave

singlehanded

RDC Crypto
Dont waste money on a lawyer, just get a public defender. Its pointless to waste all the money a lawyer costs on a first offense dui w/ no other violation. You will get the same sentence and fines.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
RDC Crypto
[ QUOTE ]
my little brother was stoped for running a stop sign then given a dui. i need some info from anyone to help him out.

[/ QUOTE ]

grin and bear it, opt for community service instead of paying the fines if hes short on money, dont miss any alcohol classes and do ALL his AA meetings as soon as he gets his card from the court.

JBO

RDC Crypto
[ QUOTE ]
so remember, if you have to to pee, you probably have had too much beer to drive legally.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great advice...
smile.gif

Oh wait...I have to pee right now...How am I gonna get home from work???

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
[ QUOTE ]
Dont waste money on a lawyer, just get a public defender. Its pointless to waste all the money a lawyer costs on a first offense dui w/ no other violation. You will get the same sentence and fines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats absolutely incorrect. There is a reason people cease being public defenders and start practicing in the private sector and that is because they realize that (a) they can make more money and (b) they are good enough to charge it. Now I'm not saying this is the case in every situation, but generally it is true. Get the best lawyer you can afford and be prepared to pay, the average cost of a first time DUI is around $7,000 to $12,000.

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
Haveing been through trffic court several times I have found that public deffenders vary greatly in skill and atitude. Some will just railroad you to get as many cases cleared as possible and some actually care (very few). Your money would be well spent on getting a good att.

singlehanded

RDC Crypto
First offense dui your going to get the same fines and sentence with or without a good lawyer. You will just have less money to pay for dui school and fines and insurance if you pay to get a lawyer.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
RDC Crypto
That is so untrue. There are so many variables that none of us know about here that may help reduce his sentance that a good attorney would be able to spot and exploit. Did he belch before blowing into the breathalizer? If so did the cop wait 10 minutes before administering another one? Did he read him his rights before arresting him? Did the kid ask for a lawyer and was denied his request? etc.... Just because it was his first DUI, doesn't mean that he is guilty of all the judge throws at him, he may have some grounds to get some of it excused and it is well worth the money to hire a good lawyer (or the best you can afford) to try and get some of it excused.