Dumont Dunes on the 15th?

Dave_G

Reaction
Anybody here on the forum going to Dumont Dunes on presidents day weekend?

Dave

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Dave-

A friend just invited me out to Dumont for that weekend. However, I already committed to going to Glamis with another group of friends.

DAMN, had I known earlier that YOU were going, that would have changed things. ;)

Or will you be buzzing the hills in your plane?

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: "Or will you be buzzing the hills in your plane?"

Yea, thats kind of the deal. I was asked to fly air support for the sheriff's command post that will be out there that weekend from the Barstow sub. I'll be based out of the air strip at Baker and doing patrol overflights all weekend. Nothing like spending your weekend eating at the Bun Boy. :-(

Dave

drtdevil93

Reaction
oh god the bun boy. seeing that name makes me sick. i had a bad eating experience there. i might be out there, if i can get the toyota fixed in time. i like dumont a lot more than glamis, a lot more relaxed, but not too much.

erik

frankh

Reaction
get off the 15 at baker go north on the 127 for 30 or 40 mile just before shoshone. in the middle of no where. but nice dunes.

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: "where is dumont?"

Exactly 24.7 nm on a 331 degree magnetic heading from Baker. Located in grid #48 sectorA and parts of grid #47 sectorB. It's inside the Shoshone MOA.

The coordinates are:
34 41' 12.23" N
116 12' 48.05" W

See, now ya know! ;-)

Dave

drtdevil93

Reaction
another nice thing is we usually get buzzed by a-10's while we are there. amazing to watch. saw one do a nice loop de loop, no more than 1000 feet off the deck at the bottom of the loop. i believe they come from yermo.

erik