Dune Fees!

yumadune

Reaction
I know some of you readers are "Duner's" as well. We were at Butter Cup a couple weeks ago and the it appears that the enforcement of payment is changing. They, BLM Rangers, asked if we had passes, one had just arrived and not bought one, and were "forceful" about requesting an immediate purchase. With the new of $25 weekly and $90 yearly, we could see them becoming money cops instead of health and safety. I hvae my new pass purchased at SSSS and have always purchased ahead of time. Beware and be prepared!!

jwfab1

Reaction
Was out at Glamis this weekend and one of my friends was cited for not having his pass. He happened to be the only one at camp at the time, so they only cited him, but said they would be back. Sure enough they came back later in the evening and everyone had already puchased the weekly pass. He said we couldn't purchase the new yearly pass because it wasn't the new season yet. They were pretty cool about the whole thing, with the exception of citing two guys for not having whips. They are getting pretty strict out there, they said there are no more warnings, for anything. Then he turned around and warned us about the cans laying near the motorhome and around the horseshoe pit, saying any trash on the ground is littering and we could be cited. So we picked it up immediatley. He said it has to be put in a bag and secured to something. And if he see any glass bottles, that gives them probable cause to enter your vehicles and confiscate them.

Jason

yumadune

Reaction
With the new month starting it doesn't matter but the new passes are available. I bought mine at the SSSS. I'm glad about the glass issue, whips and trash. Do the right thing without being asked and they'll stay away. I'm sure that the "idiots" that think rules are for someone else will keep them (BLM) occupied.

Attachments

jwfab1

Reaction
Does anyone know who signed this increase? I thought my green sticker registration fees where supposed to be used to keep these areas open. Where is that money going?? There was a sign posted at the pay station stating that they have spent 16 million dollars in the dunes,grading sand highway,Gecko Rd. and for portapotty's. I'm not sure thats where the money went???? They left out the 2 long travel Funco cars,all of the 400 Ex's, and the 4 wheel drive Tahoes. I know they need these to patrol the land, but 16 million????

Jason

martininsocal

Reaction
Jason- unfortunately, the OHV commission has been filled with Green Eco Nazis who now have a majority and are withholding green sticker funds from several OHV areas because they don't feel the areas are being used properly. They did this with Snowmobile trail grooming last winter and are doing it with Glamis right now. The BLM has to pay for those services somehow, so they are charging a fee. I guess the only good news is this, They should be bringing in a lot more than they were getting before, so we should be getting some real improvements. I can't wait for the trash recepticles and toilets out in Stoddard and Johnson Valleys and it is about time they had a staffed fire engine of rescue vehicle for both areas too! (yeah, I am probably dreaming, but that is what I am going to [I am an idiot, I don't know how to express myself without cursing] about to them if I don't see the money being spent on something. Who knows what the HE!! they do with the 100 dollar land use fee they charge each racer now!?

Bonzen

Reaction
As much as that sucks about that fee hike....I will still pay it because Glamis is like my second home and if I can support the cause to keep it open then sign me up. Damn eco-nazi's...saying off roading destroys dunes is like saying surfing destroys waves.......

-Ryan