• Forum membership has its advantages....

DUNLAP CARS (RCD)

JEFF_DICKERSON

I WAS WONDERING WHAT IF ANY PROBLEMS PEOPLE MIGHT KNOW ABOUT ON THE OLD RCD CHASSIS. I WAS TOLD
THAT REGGIE DUNLAP BUILT THESE SAME CARS.

Rodney

Jeff,
I race with Tim Sims in an RCD 2 seat mid- Toyota. Yes, Reggie is building these same cars...they were designed by Ron Hemphill
and Jeff Paleghi. We had some early teething problems with the outer rear arm pivot point on the chassis, this has been corrected.
Fortin and Sourapas ran the single seater back in 96 and had some problems...they were quick to blame the car. However, after
Bill Pate bought it..he changed the shock set up and immediately did very well with the car. We have only raced our car about
8 times in the last 4 years, most of our problems resulted from a couple of hard crashes and engine trouble. I can say the car is
fast though..I led class 10 for 2 laps at Parker last year. A slow driver change gave us a 4th place finish. That Honda Powered
2 seater that Dunlap built is for sale and is VERY nice. It has a very cool carbon fiber dash that we are gonna put in ours. We are in
the process of re powering the car, and possibly making it a rear engine set up...we are hoping to racelate this year or early next.
The last Time I spoke with Ron, he was building several more chassis and had named them "APACHE" I have nothing but good to
say about these chassis, and Ron is a great guy to work with and will help all he can.

Winning IS everything

Steve_Sourapas

Jeff, I had the first RCD car ever built and it was a quality part that Ron put together. When Doug Fortin and I raced it together in 1995 we had a few chassis problems but mostly we had motor problems with Doug's 3.0 ltr. In 1996 I had an 11 minute overall lead at the Parker 400 after 2 laps and a 3 minute overall lead at the Fireworks 250 so the car was fast(switched to a Major 2.8 ltr type 4). Any problems we had with the car have since been fixed. Bill Pate I believe now owns that car. As for the shock set up we had Fox 3.5 by-pass in the back and a Fox air shocks in the front. Based on my experience with Fox shocks today John Marking could put a set of shocks on that car today and improve the ride and performance a ton in regards to 6 years ago.

BEERMAN