DunnTech Truggy @ MORE DN race

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Shawn had a very low cost, truggy running at the MORE race. Simple yet innovative. LS truck motor, Powerglide, Ford 9". We talked for about an half hour and it was seemed that the overall cost for one of these rigs would be around $50-60k or less OTD.

He smoked the field on lap 1 and I believe had the fastest lap time of the race. Not sure what happened to him on lap 2. I think I am gonna visit his shop in June when I am in Kali.

Attachments

Last edited:

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
It doesnt look bad...and 50-60 to go that fast.... thats a deal, idk about the powerglide though not my style i guess.... oh yeah no ls either...damn chevys...

Ibeamford

Reaction
How many of those fast laps did he finish?:p It was nice to see another truggy out there again.

Huntington Beach

Reaction
I don't know what ended their day but they had a huge lead after lap 1... everyone in our pit said either they cut the course or that thing is going on its lid at some point. Sarcasim obviously, but none the less they were cooking!!!

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
I don't know what ended their day but they had a huge lead after lap 1... everyone in our pit said either they cut the course or that thing is going on its lid at some point. Sarcasim obviously, but none the less they were cooking!!!
was told an upper arm went south.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
What exactly failed on the upper arm?

Uncle_Bob

Reaction
The right J arm broke just before the heim. He is building new upper J arms right now being he found why the weak link in the J arm.

Lloyd went for a ride Friday and could believe how fast the car was and when he came out of a turn and onto a straight away, it took off like a rocket ship.

Car weights 3800 lbs wet with 2 spares, 3 fuel cells, 2 - 22 gal cells keep a 3 gal cell full to supply the 500 hp motor with and yes, a powerglide. Sean keeps his mind cranking all the time and this car was about weight and ballance. This car will be something to keep an eye on the rest of this season.

BajaFand

Reaction
I don't want to discount the car, it's driver, or accuse anyone of anything. I will say right now that it was very fast, and to have a 2-3 minute physical lead after one lap would be a great statement for the car to say the least, that's a hell of a lap. But to have a 7 minute physical lead after one lap is insane and doesn't seem possible unless there was a pileup from second place on back. I don't know what the actual lead was, but according to my watch it was about a 7 minute gap from when they came through at the end of the first lap and when the second place car came through.

Highdezert7s

Reaction
That Dunn Tech truggy hauled the mailed. They schooled the rest of the open class. I'm sure they will fix the week link on it and come back for an overall.

nelson979

Reaction
did he say he could build it for 60K or would he sell it for 60K, hell for 50k put my name on the list, you would be seeing a lot of those things if that was the price and everyone who paid that much for the tl's and cl1's would be pissed.

Uncle_Bob

Reaction
Sean and I team together and the number is correct. That was a 3 month build and the bugs will be worked out very shortly.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
I love the drivetrain - fully commoditized where the parts are ordered online from GPP and Jegs!

Just think, you can have a competitive Class1 car for the price of two Class 1 Transaxles!!!

And then there is the convienence of Pump gas.

Tipracer

Reaction
Pushing the envelope is what its all about...If it can hold together you will have people lining up to buy one....even at 60K its a great deal.