Dust light for Chase Truck

Rslhc

Reaction
Currently finishing up configuring my truck to chase for the 1000 this year. Question for you guys on dust lights.

how many of you are running a dustlight /rear facing amber light on a chase truck?

If you are, is there a preference between driver and passenger side of vehicle? Or centered? Is there a ‘standard’?

What about brightness / lumens? Ive seen a lot of Baja designs lights used, but I’ve seen everything from their small S1 up to squadron Pros. How bright is too bright?

usmcgunrock

Reaction
I run a amber beacon/strobe light. When setup at a pit it gives the driver of the race car something to look for. And if I am driving or sitting in an environment that would worry me about getting hit, dusty, same reason for a dust light, I can turn it on and have the dust light effect but in 360.

Josh 8

Reaction
It’s not a bad idea. But I would have the light on a switch. It would be a dad idea to have it wired hot to ignition on. At night on the hi way people behind are not going to need to be blinded by it. I think if you used it as posted above that would be responsible. But if your on the race course, going stock chance truck speed, I could also see it getting you nurfed. After all, you have a race light on and your blocking the course. The knife could cut both ways.

jon coleman

Reaction
add the blue light to warn inexperienced tt pilots your a little slower,( then again, they might not know what blue means....also, i find old school incandescent bulbs w orange/ yellow lens best to cut the dust, no more than 55 watt bulbs, the new hid led stuff seams to reflect too bright off of thick dust

cjohnson

Reaction
add the blue light to warn inexperienced tt pilots your a little slower,( then again, they might not know what blue means....also, i find old school incandescent bulbs w orange/ yellow lens best to cut the dust, no more than 55 watt bulbs, the new hid led stuff seams to reflect too bright off of thick dust
Blue means no one will nerf you if you slow them down, right?

5lytn.jpg

johndjmix

Reaction
Shoot me a PM!

We manufacture the brightest chase light made. No comparison to anything on the market.

—john

johndjmix

Reaction
There should be a penalty for a non blue light truck hitting a blue light race vehicle.

—john

9one8racing

Reaction
I run this third brake light on my Raptor chase truck. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out so far. I used the KC Cyclones. The ambers wig wag and the center blue strobes. Inside the center of the whites and blue are my red led brake lights.

3rdlight.png

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
When many racers see an amber light in front of them during a race in the dust, the common reaction is to quickly close up and nerf to pass.
Probably not a good idea to have an amber on the back of something that should not be nerfed to pass.
I have a pair white backup lights I can put on in this situation. If a racer sees that materialize out of the dust it looks like headlights, the reaction ought to be avoid a head on with idiot on the course, instead of stand on the throttle to quickly get the nerf and pass.