Dusty Ventures Motorsports: So Close (Vegas to Reno)

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
This race ended before it started.

We were doing our final race prep before loading the truck on the trailer for the drive west when we came across mechanical problems that simply can't be overcome in the amount of time we have remaining, particularly when one factors in the number of days needed to drive out to the race. Therefore, with great disappointment, we have to call off our attempt to race the 2009 Vegas to Reno desert race.

We may have lost this battle, but we WILL NOT lose the war. We are going to complete the truck properly, test it thoroughly, and enter next year's Vegas to Reno race with a highly competitive truck. In the mean time, Venture Crew 35 will still be attending this year's race, providing chase and pit support for or fellow desert racers.

We would like to thank and apologize to E3 Spark Plugs, KC HiLiTES, K&N Filters, HalRay Synthetics, Schroth Racing, BFGoodrich, HMS Motorsport, Mastercraft, Curt LeDuc, the RDC community, and all our fans, friends, sponsors and supporters who helped us along the way. There's no way we could possibly have made it this far without all of you. I hope you can have faith in us for one more year. I promise we WILL race this truck.

In the mean time, anyone willing to take a green co-dog out on the course, even if only for the duration of one pit section, so he can at least get an idea of what the course is like for next year? :D;)

Zambo

Reaction
Oh boy, sorry to hear that guys. Come on by and say hi, I know team KORE will like to see you guys again. At least you'll get to go to the race, I've been prepping and testing our truck but I have to go to Australia so I can't even attend the race.

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
Thanks guys. I think it's for the best. I mean our truck had pretty much no testing time on it whatsoever. Now we've got a year to test, troubleshoot, improve, and come back next year with a truck that will actually be able to run with the big boys. Plus this way we'll be able to paint it, fix the body damage, and make it look badass.

Zambo, does that mean there's a seat open?:D

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Thanks guys. I think it's for the best. I mean our truck had pretty much no testing time on it whatsoever. Now we've got a year to test, troubleshoot, improve, and come back next year with a truck that will actually be able to run with the big boys. Plus this way we'll be able to paint it, fix the body damage, and make it look badass.

Zambo, does that mean there's a seat open?:D
i didnt follow ur earlier threads as to WHY YOU GUYS WERE FOCUSED ON VEGAS 2 RENO???
but you guys should come out and race Terribles Town next year and Vegas 2 Reno... get more seat time!!! wish Venture Crew had been able to work it all out and get out to vegas and finish in reno... too bad...

at least you are already lookin towards next year... good luck

Zambo

Reaction
Why are guys focused on V2R? Is it because of school schedules? V2R is fun and all but it might be easier at first to do a loop race, maybe figure out a time when you could come out and do two races in one trip.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Why are guys focused on V2R? Is it because of school schedules? V2R is fun and all but it might be easier at first to do a loop race, maybe figure out a time when you could come out and do two races in one trip.
that was what i was thinking also... especially for a first attempt a loop race would be the best for sure... hope to see them out there racing before V2R next year

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
i didnt follow ur earlier threads as to WHY YOU GUYS WERE FOCUSED ON VEGAS 2 RENO???
but you guys should come out and race Terribles Town next year and Vegas 2 Reno... get more seat time!!! wish Venture Crew had been able to work it all out and get out to vegas and finish in reno... too bad...

at least you are already lookin towards next year... good luck
Just about all the scouts are in school, so we had to find a race that doesn't screw up their schedule.

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
I want to publicly thank Jim Moss and Rumble Goat Racing. They've been kind enough to offer me a spot as a co-driver. Thanks guys, you have no idea how excited I am.

OldGreen

Reaction
We're excited to have you along. See you in Vegas!!!