DZUS

punkassslacker

Reaction
What do you guys recommend for holding Dzus buttoms down with, I'm not sure if I hould use rivets or what. Also how many buttons do you recommend to use on fenders and bedsides, as well as were to put them.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by punkassslacker on 07/20/02 06:49 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

cleartoy

Reaction
Rivets.

For bedsides, ive had good luck with 2 tabs to the front and 3 tabs to the rear. I originally had 2 and 2 but the rears kept breaking.

85 Toyota xtracab 4x4(for sale)
94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

pciscott

Reaction
Dzus buttons are great for holding on panels, but they are not made to hold allot of weight. This is why you see so many Protrucks without bedsides in a race. When you drive through the mud you add 50lb's to each fender then gravity and the bumps do the rest. On my Protruck we ran the Autofab hood bushings on top in the front and the rear, these carry the weight better. The same rear fenders on a race truck for over two years. Another nice thing is you can put a small lock through these for added security. Also the larger size captured Dzuses are better because they are stronger. On my new truck they have large aluminum washers with counter sunk bolts and these work great, and would be way better to slow down a thief. On my new prerunner we had a support glassed in on the inside of the rear fenders so we could bolt them on and they have no dzuses or bolts that show from the outside, this gives a more clean and custom look. If you are going to use dzus's I would use three in the front and four in the back a long with the hood bushings to carry the weight of the fenders. The fourth dzus in the back would be to support the fender at the flare near the tire so your rear tire does not blow through your fender. Good luck!

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

NorCal_Prerunner

Reaction
When I mounted my rear glass I used 3 dzus fasteners in the front and 2 in the rear. I have a hoop supporting the weight of the bedside. Like Scott said, using a hood pin kit on each side is the way to go. Supports the bedside, and you can run a small lock through it. This is how mine turned out......... J_

It's never too late to be what you might have been....

Attachments

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Scott,

When is your prerunner going to be finished and out in the dirt?

See ya in the dirt!