E250, SAVANA OR PROMASTER?

THE_SCOTTS

RDC Crypto
I've recently started inquiring into purchasing a commercial van for the wife's business. I wanted to know if there's any drivetrains that you recommend to get/stay away from? Thanks in advance. Which is the better option, gas or diesel?

johnnyweb

RDC Crypto
Website
johnnyscustomautobody.com
I would stick to the Ford Transit or the Mercedes Sprinter. Pay more for the Sprinter but save it back over time on fuel economy if driven a lot. The Dodge Pro masters have some engine issues from what I have heard. The Dodges are cheaper to buy. Also I’m not a big fan of front wheel drive like the Dodge is.

Advertising supports this site

Sheepdog

RDC Crypto
The DIESEL Sprinters have emissions system problems.

The ProMaster is Italian.

A GAS Sprinter, or a Ford Transit, would be my choice for a box on wheels.

This old rz

RDC Crypto
Even though I have a diesel E350, I would have to recommend a gas-powered sprinter van, of the affordable configuration.
The E-Series Vans are just getting too old you're going to be nothing but working on them, and don't be suckered into the diesel thing it ain't what it cracked up to be even though I have the most reliable diesel motor ever, it's constant lovely maintenance and they're a pure mother fu#ker to work on...
New diesels no matter what manufacturer are going to cost you a fortune.
So I'd stay away from them.
Savannah's like the e series might be getting a little old although I think one of the manufacturer is still producing the old school cargo style?
But they're very heavy unless your wife's hauling huge amounts of weight I would just go with the lightest most economical option you can get.
Because gas ain't going to get any cheaper from here on out it's probably going to stay