EC Motorsports Baja 500 Race Report

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
So we started prerunning 3 weeks prior to the race, we had the whole course down tight, Canchola Jr. knew what he needed to do to finish and we had a blast prerunning...it was great...

We arrive to Ensenada on thursday ready to battle it out with the other class 7 guys and gal, we do final prep on the truck and feel great and confident...unfortunately due to time constraints we were unable to test the truck prior to the race...

Friday, we send the truck to contingency early and we are the 3rd car in line...:cool:...we take it through and park in our sponsors booth (Goodyear Tires & LLYASA) the truck is there for a couple of hours then we move on and take it through tech...all is good, we then take the truck back to the booth for an autograph session with Canchola Jr., he is there signing for about 1 hour, handing out posters and stickers, contingency was a blast...

RACE DAY, Canchola Jr. gets off to a great start, passing a couple of cars running strong and then the left spindle breaks about 2 miles before Ojos Negros, the team arrives there and changes out both spindles just to be sure there will be no more problems, we get it done quickly and he takes off again, however, apparently the damage was more than we thought and at mile 60 Canchola Jr. loses control of the vehicle due to a broken steering box and rides off a small cliff, about 15 ft. high...fortunately there were no injuries and everyone was alright, at that point we must accept defeat and call it a day, we pull the truck out and load it on the trailer...RACE OVER:mad:...oh well, it happens to the best of us...

Now focusing on Primm, trying to take back the points lead in these last 2 races...

On behalf on Canchola Jr. we would like to thank our sponsors; Goodyear Tires, LLYASA, Tequila Don Cardona, King Shocks, La Competencia, Baja Shooting, Slime, Grupo Hersan, Summers Brothers, and the whole team and everyone that made this possible, huge congrats to Dan Chamlee on the new truck and win...see you in PRIMM:cool:

Attachments

Laurie

Reaction
I'm sorry to hear about the misfortune. It always sucks. See you in Primm.

MELES BOY

Reaction
Para la otra se desquita el Cancholita , ni modo mala suerte son fierros

Saludos!!!

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
dang that sucks sorry about the accident, i was looking forward to Elias duking it out with Dan, make sure to bring your guys's A game to primm

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
And thats BAJA folks!!!!!!!Bust your arse for weeks getting ready and snap!!! Something breaks time to go home!!!!Can somebody remind me why we do this SH@#!!! We are all stupid!!!! BTW you guys are Freaking killing me!!!!!!

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
And thats BAJA folks!!!!!!!Bust your arse for weeks getting ready and snap!!! Something breaks time to go home!!!!Can somebody remind me why we do this SH@#!!! We are all stupid!!!! BTW you guys are Freaking killing me!!!!!!
11 class 7 trucks and 4 class 6 trucks raced, the more you work the faster your gonna race again so from now on dont waste time on rdc now get back to work:D

cancholaJR

Reaction
AND THATS BAJA!
you never know what its going to happen..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUoa3o8Vndg&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - ec motorsports/goodyear llyasa clase 7, pasando a l clase 6 de Heidi s.[/ame]
see you guys at primm and congrats to the factory racing team.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
11 class 7 trucks and 4 class 6 trucks raced, the more you work the faster your gonna race again so from now on dont waste time on rdc now get back to work:D
Only three started, but it was a good race all the way to the end,the last 50 to 100 miles Mikey and Ramsey checked out on the Hedi Steel truck,but before that it was back and forth. As for the entry count I think when the economy gets better the numbers will come up?

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
I don't know if it's just me but it kind of looks like He's already having problems steering? but anyway didn't he have extra box? or at that point was it just pointless!!!!!!

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
I don't know if it's just me but it kind of looks like He's already having problems steering? but anyway didn't he have extra box? or at that point was it just pointless!!!!!!
It was pointless, about 1 1/2 hours down with spindle change between getting to him and changing the spindle, cancelling out the front left brake and etc....and then when the steering box broke he went into a ditch and had to be winched out which took about 2 hours so no point...:(

charlie_brown

Reaction
so that must of been one of your chase crews that pulled up to me asking if i had a extra steering box. i was working for score at mile 79.5 road crossing. it was getting late in the day for us at that point of the race.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
so that must of been one of your chase crews that pulled up to me asking if i had a extra steering box. i was working for score at mile 79.5 road crossing. it was getting late in the day for us at that point of the race.
most likely, we were about 10 miles from the highway so maybe...oh well:(

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
MAN, that sucks that we couldn't even make it to the cheater lines.......hahahahahahahaha