EC Motorsports CODE Jacume Race Report

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
After a few days of testing Canchola Jr. arrived to Rancho El Culpable in Jacume for the annual CODE ORW Jacume Grand Prix very early Friday morning, after final preperations Canchola Jr. took the class 7 out for a test run to test some newly added changes to the vehicle...truck ran great, took another lap in the prerunner and one final lap in the class 7 at race speed to get a feel for the course...Canchola Jr. was ready to rock...

Saturday morning Canchola Jr. starts the race charging hard and right away encounters dust, still running hard and charging through the dust runs a fast first lap and begins the second lap still running strong but realized that the truck no longer has 1st gear, heading to the hill climb he encounters another 7 stuck mid hill and tries to go around but is not successful, so he tries a few more times until managing to get up the hill in 2nd gear and keeps running, after the road crossing as he begins to climb the hill he runs into a class 7 on its side, he realizes that it is none other than his brother in law, after an "OK" wave from him he continues to the finish only to have the truck's drivetrain begin to vibrate...it's the drive shaft, so he cruises it to the finish to be surprised that despite the problems he still finished 1st in class......

Second heat Canchola Jr. starts with only 1 class 7 in front and quickly gets around him and it's clean air from there on, he quickly notices that 2nd gear is running a bit weak but still running so he sets a fast pace and passes two class 8 that were stopped off course and now is the second car on course, he runs into the only class 8 running still and runs him down in the whoops and edges by him in a tight section to be the first truck on course on the first lap by...lap 2 the truck gets stuck in 1st gear and can only run about 40 mph, he radios in to his pit and stops to have the trucks gear changed to 2nd, while stopped 2 class 7 gets around and he starts for the 3rd and final lap, mile 2 he sees one of the class 7 stopped and now is second car on the road, keeps a good steady pace in 2nd gear all the way to the finish to take the checkered flag in 1st place...!!!

Canchola Jr. would like to thank everyone that made this possible, all his sponsors and of course CODE and ORW for putting on this awesome event, the whole team for the great course coverage and fast action througout the race and of course the person who has made all this possible for him.........his father.

Attachments

• jacume_2009_141.jpg
    jacume_2009_141.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 182
  • Presentacin13.jpg
    Presentacin13.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Presentaci12.jpg
    Presentaci12.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Good stuff!!!!! Isn't it funny how you can test all day long with no problem but when the race starts................ Some chicken sh@# always seems to happen??? In my view what makes a good racer is the guy that can overcome all the little BS and keep moving!!! good job in that... And we will meet some day,But I'm kind of a shy guy and didn't want to take away from your guys precious time prepping the truck for the next heat!!! If I knew you good enough I would of jumped in and helped,but I didn't think you guys would like someone you didn't know screwing with your ride!!! Good luck in Primm!!!!

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
Good stuff!!!!! Isn't it funny how you can test all day long with no problem but when the race starts................ Some chicken sh@# always seems to happen??? In my view what makes a good racer is the guy that can overcome all the little BS and keep moving!!! good job in that... And we will meet some day,But I'm kind of a shy guy and didn't want to take away from your guys precious time prepping the truck for the next heat!!! If I knew you good enough I would of jumped in and helped,but I didn't think you guys would like someone you didn't know screwing with your ride!!! Good luck in Primm!!!!

well introduced yourself in primm then help out all you want:D

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Do to the fact that I'm the head coach of our local jv football team I'm out of action until the 1000!!!!!:)

WHAT??? No Primm action for you...that sucks, oh well and yeah by all means we can always use the input, I'm sure there are things that we might miss or different ways of doing things so next time don't think twice to ask for me and say hi, thanks for being there anyways...

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
WHAT??? No Primm action for you...that sucks, oh well and yeah by all means we can always use the input, I'm sure there are things that we might miss or different ways of doing things so next time don't think twice to ask for me and say hi, thanks for being there anyways...

Primm ====== Rocks, lots of rocks, and for class seven guys a Beam killer!!! The TT's groove all the sandy sections therfore you sand off your beams shiny!!!! which would be O.K. except hidden in the sand are rocks!!! that you hit pushing them down the coarse,hitting them over and over again until they work their way off to the side or between the beam and the spindle,also look for your helmet shield to get all pitted up from all the sand in your face!!!(get some tear offs if you can!!)And look to get punted a few times from TT's and good class1 cars!!! It's one of those JUST FINISH races!!! There are also some real rough parts in the coarse that you can't get on top of!! Just grind through!!! It's a fun race all and all but it is technical!!! Have Fun!!!:)

stokessdca

Reaction
700 pics

Attachments

• IMG_0702.JPG
    IMG_0702.JPG
    449.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0717.JPG
    IMG_0717.JPG
    367.5 KB · Views: 100

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Primm ====== Rocks, lots of rocks, and for class seven guys a Beam killer!!! The TT's groove all the sandy sections therfore you sand off your beams shiny!!!! which would be O.K. except hidden in the sand are rocks!!! that you hit pushing them down the coarse,hitting them over and over again until they work their way off to the side or between the beam and the spindle,also look for your helmet shield to get all pitted up from all the sand in your face!!!(get some tear offs if you can!!)And look to get punted a few times from TT's and good class1 cars!!! It's one of those JUST FINISH races!!! There are also some real rough parts in the coarse that you can't get on top of!! Just grind through!!! It's a fun race all and all but it is technical!!! Have Fun!!!:)

Yeah I've heard about Primm being a really rough race and really look forward to racing it, we have never raced that race and figure that Canchola Jr. can really only learn more from such a rough and rocky race, I am sure it will be a hard test for both car and driver...

Off Road Warehouse

Reaction
I think this was the only 3 action shots we actually got. But there ya go anyways

Attachments

• ORW CODE 700b.jpg
    ORW CODE 700b.jpg
    955.3 KB · Views: 88
  • ORW CODE 700a.jpg
    ORW CODE 700a.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 71
  • ORW CODE 700.jpg
    ORW CODE 700.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 700d.jpg
    700d.jpg