***EC Motorsports Race Report***

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Well I was called thursday and was told that Canchola Jr. would race the Record Ens-SF race and that I would ride with him...so we jump right into race mode and start the planning and final prep on the truck, fortunately after the 60 miles at the Baja 500 the truck was still pretty much fully prepped...

We arrive to Ojos Negros Friday night at around midnight just to sleep...Saturday morning we head towards the start line for express tech and of course all is well, we jump into the vehicle and are ready to ROCK!!!

We start the race sporting the #709 and right away we start picking off the other 7 trucks...the course was really dusty at the start, not much wind and a bit of silt, we keep picking off the trucks and by the time we hit the street heading towards Jamau we are the lead 7 truck, we keep running a great race until heading down the goat trail at Valley T we hit a boulder and blow out a front right...we almost slide off the edge until we get a tow out and change the tire, the team checks the truck for damage during the 1 hour break in the race and we have to cut out our front left brake...we hit the restart and never look back, we pass a few more 16 and 12 cars and an 8 truck, we get stuck about 1 mile before the finish line and get out quickly and head to the finish......first place class 7.....4th overall with a final time of 4:03 and 20 seconds...

On behalf of Elias Canchola Jr. we would like to thank everyone that made this win possible, thanks to RECORD for a great race, Goodyear Tires, Tequila Don Cardona, Mercadotecnia Directa, Baja Shooting, Grupo Hersan, La Competencia, LLYASA, King Shocks, Summers Brothers, and SLIME...and more than anyone the person that makes all this possible for EC Jr.....his Father (happy father's day)!!!

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
pictures of our minor problem thanks to tKingx from mex forum.....pics and in-car will be up as soon as available...

P.S. Yeah that's me TRYING to assess the situation...:D

Attachments

Tipracer

Reaction
Wadya mean...why didnt ya just jump off the goat trail??!!!:p JK your are lucky to not have gone off the edge...great job on fourth overall.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Wow sounds like a fun win!! Add a little excitement in there with the flat-glad you didn't roll! Great pics look forward to seeing more :)

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
I herd through that your guy's win was Rigged?? Tell me it's not so??

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
I herd through that your guy's win was Rigged?? Tell me it's not so??
WTF??? No idea what you are talking about, check the times, we won fair and square.....we don't know anyone from RECORD to have rigged anything.....we have raced every single race fair and square...where did you hear that nonsense from???

Unless you consider running faster than the rest and passing everyone in our path rigging it.....than in that case yeah...

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
WTF??? No idea what you are talking about, check the times, we won fair and square.....we don't know anyone from RECORD to have rigged anything.....we have raced every single race fair and square...where did you hear that nonsense from???

Unless you consider running faster than the rest and passing everyone in our path rigging it.....than in that case yeah...
I herd ( from an unnamed guy) that when you guys got the flat at the goat trail that they stopped your time (Valley there is 1 hr intermission) And gave you guy's the one hr intermission to get back up and running? although you hadn't made it to the pavement?

I'm not calling you out bro just herd through the grape vine.

Congrats!!!!!:):)

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
I herd ( from an unnamed guy) that when you guys got the flat at the goat trail that they stopped your time (Valley there is 1 hr intermission) And gave you guy's the one hr intermission to get back up and running? although you hadn't made it to the pavement?

I'm not calling you out bro just herd through the grape vine.

Congrats!!!!!:):)
We got the flat 10 feet before the pavement, when I got out, I made sure that nothing was broken because we hit hard, I noticed that it was only a flat, while I was outside the car, the RECORD official told me that it was ok, to go ahead and get the tow because our time had been stopped...had they not told me that the time had stopped we would have driven down and taken our chances...since they told us that the time had stopped, we went ahead and took the safer route and got towed out, I got out to coach EC to drive out.....we stopped because we feared that we broke a spindle and might fall of the edge, once we realized that it was only a flat, we could have easily driven out of it.....again though, took the sure route and got pulled out...either way, we were only stopped for about 3 minutes, there is video and pictures of the whole thing.....

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
P.S. the above and the fact that it was posted on a public forum sure seems like a call out...soar losers, they're at every race
If I thought you had anything to hide I would of PM'ed you But I thought you might want to air it out so no one would think otherwise!!! I know you guys are strait up!!! I don't question you in the lest!!!:):)

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
If I thought you had anything to hide I would of PM'ed you But I thought you might want to air it out so no one would think otherwise!!! I know you guys are strait up!!! I don't question you in the lest!!!:):)
well thanks for that Shannon, I was surprise that you didn't PM me about that, it just really bothers me that people stoop so low for nothing, we knew since that day who it was that was saying that...soar losers!!!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Is this the old ESPN truck?

Dezertpilot

Reaction

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Congrats! Finish is always good. But a First place finish is amazing!
"If you aint first your last."

RFS Motorsports

Reaction
Congrats on the win and 4th overall!!!