EC Motorsports Race Report

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
EC Motorsports arrived @ Primm @ 8:30am Friday morning after driving all night, shortly there after the 7 truck was taken to tech and contingency, after everything was set and ready to race, the truck was gone over once more for any detail, well there turned out to be a few details and the team stayed up fine tuning all the minor details and come 6am Canchola Jr. was ready to race........

Canchola Jr. starts second off the line behind Chamlee to a VERY dusty infield with some confusion in the course and course workers pointing traffic in the right direction, before he is out of the infield on the last turn he spots Chamlee high centered in the infield as he missed a turn so he is off and running into the desert in front of the pack...the heavy dust and sun in his face make it hard for him to get around the 6 trucks and after seeing some early carnage he decides to back it off a little as he has never run Primm before and has no knowledge of the course...coming out of Bottle Neck Pass he follows the GETPIPE.COM truck to a wrong turn and gets high centered, the GETPIPE.COM class 6 does him a HUGE favor and nudged him free and allows him to continue on his journey, shortly after there the engine starts to sputter a bit but, is still running so he continues until mile 33 where the engine just went out on him, after quickly inspecting the engine he realized that water had passed through the engine and the day was over for him.....so spectates for a while until he realized that about 1/2 mile ahead there is a truck that is stuck in the sand, we make our way out to the truck and it is John Holmes stuck in his 7s truck, after about 15 minutes we are able to free the truck and send him on his way...........

About 1 hour later the SCORE officials make there way to us and tow us out, that is the end of our day out in the desert.

Canchola Jr. would like to thank his sponsons, TEQUILA DON CARDONA, GOODYEAR, SLIME, MERCADOTECNIA DIRECTA, LA COMPETENCIA, URBI, GRUPO HERSAN, SUMMERS BROTHERS, KING, AND CANON......of course he would also like to thank his whole team and his parents for making this event possible for him, thank you all.

Attachments

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
also, thank you SWEETDEVIL for the shoes, you're awesome!!!

Heidi, it was great meeting you also, you rock!!!

mrmatt

Reaction
Bummer.

Wish I could say more.

Who won class 7?

Laurie

Reaction
Sorry for your misfortune. I was watching from main pit on IRC and could tell it must be bad for you guys.

We look forward to seeing you at the mil.

We're starting to get a little nervous with Igor placing 2nd twice in a row now.

Desert Son

Reaction
Hey there, just wanted to say thanks again, I was the co-driver with Holmes and you guys really saved us. when we got to that turn there were four or five other stuck trucks, and in heavy dust we sunk the truck. The worst part was that we helped someone in our class get there truck unstuck, with the promise that he would give us a pull out. As soon as they were on solid ground they jumped in and took off, leaving us there. Messed up...... Anyway it will come around I'm sure of it. Sorry we missed you at the tree bar, I'll get you next time.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Sorry for your misfortune. I was watching from main pit on IRC and could tell it must be bad for you guys.

We're starting to get a little nervous with Igor placing 2nd twice in a row now.
same thing that I was thinking, be careful with Igor, silent killer apparetly

Laurie

Reaction
Hey there, just wanted to say thanks again, I was the co-driver with Holmes and you guys really saved us. when we got to that turn there were four or five other stuck trucks, and in heavy dust we sunk the truck. The worst part was that we helped someone in our class get there truck unstuck, with the promise that he would give us a pull out. As soon as they were on solid ground they jumped in and took off, leaving us there. Messed up...... Anyway it will come around I'm sure of it. Sorry we missed you at the tree bar, I'll get you next time.
We've had that happen before too. It's so frustrating.

cancholaJR

Reaction

and remember who won the mil last year!
watch out for Igor guys..

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction

same thing that I was thinking, be careful with Igor, silent killer apparetly
and remember who won the mil last year!
watch out for Igor guys..
this is gonna be good and i cant wait

Laurie

Reaction
I know I always say this but Dan truly is more concerned with finishing then winning. He has really wanted to win the mile stone award every year since he started racing and have missed it with only one race for each season. So finishing and the championship truly is our main focus. And if we can win it's a bonus.