Eco Idiots Target Your Truck

dezertchick

Reaction
You gotta check out this site...It seems that the some eco nazis have taken it upon themselves to decide if a person is allowed to drive an SUV or not-regardless, they tag vehicles with stickers as a way to "tell the world about how bad SUV's are"

QUOTE FROM THIS SITE:
Feel the adrenaline rush of stalking the really big game – like the Denali™, Yukon™, or Tahoe™. Get the thrill of witnessing the tagging of an Excursion™, Expedition™, or Escalade™ with a not-so-subtle message that will leave them scratching their heads.

Link to the Eco-Swine Web Site:
http://www.changingtheclimate.com/</A>

If your not as ticked as I am, more power to you...

See Ya all in the Dez,
Ann

Donahoe

Reaction
I guess the only thing that comes to mind for this guy and his web site is................. GET A LIFE... Could you imagine being so board with your day to day life that you find joy in something like this or for that matter think that you are doing something that makes a differnce..... Fools. The idiot sould come out with a gas effective big suv. Not polyuathane stickers that hurt the planet more then emmissions...Big SUV's are a hot seller and will continue ...supply and demand. WHat a jackass.. Good post Ann....

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Yeah, let me catch one of these idiots putting one of their stickers around one my trucks.
Technically it can be constituted as vandalism, correct?
These guys are really reaching, huh? Probably a bunch of "Trustafarians" (trust fund hippies) with nothing better to do......"Can you spare a dollar for gas, bro? My new Landcruiser is out of gas..."

Fools need to get a life, like Kreg says....

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
That page rules !!

I'll print myself a couple of stickers up...

peter

Reaction
Im going after the coveted Denali. What a bunch of freaks. Check out their videos too. Just to much time on their hands.

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
Funny Klaus....

I bet they are trying to just make money off of this somehow. And probably don't have lives either....

And think of all of the litering they are probably causing. 99% of everyone that gets tagged probably pull the stickers off and through them on the ground. What a bunch of freaks....

martininsocal

Reaction
i think the best one who 'chats' is lagoon bug'-do yu suppose he even realizes the connection between his oriental background and the word 'bug'? would like to see how i faired-sent an email to the editor
to see if towing and snow qualified me to be 'spared'. sure hope one of them doesn't try to tag me in the dark of the night, it is possible that they may be mistaken for thieves...

If your gonna go, go BIG

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Typical Hypocrisy!

The former President and Chairman of the Sierra Club drove a Suburban.

One of the eco-freaks on the BLM RAC I sit on drives an Excursion.

And some people wonder why I dislike these assholes so much.

PJCinLV
http://www.off-road.com</A>
Hated by Eco-Freaks and Bob Yen.

TimHayosh

Reaction
Funny, yes. Sad, yes. True, yes. But when I think about this on a broader scale, it's really a great example of "extreme-ism." Not extreme as in X games, but extreme as in radicalism. The people who subscribe to this sort of thing are not joking. They really believe this stuff. It is the same sort of extremism that allows one to believe that by killing a doctor who performs an abortion, you are saving life. "The Lunatic Fringe" used to refer to people like Ted Kaczinski (sp.). Now that phrase includes a much larger circle of people. "Respected" people. People who are in places of power to really further their agenda's. Look at PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). Many of them swear that they would rather their own child dies than to use a medicine that was tested on a animal. Other groups to check out include: The Earth Liberation Front, Earth First, and The Wildlands Project.

A few words about The Wildlands Project (TWP). TWP's goal is to "rewild America." Go to their website at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.twp.org>www.twp.org</A>. It will scare you. "Rewilding" means to remove all human inhabitants and evidence of human involvement. They want massive corridors of de-population running from Mexico to Canada. This to allow animals and vegetation to reproduce without any limits. Think of the potential for fires; nevermind the lost revenue and increased expenses as we must now drive around the rewilded corridor. This is not just the whim of a few radical eco-freaks. Guess who's on-board: Ted Turner. Unlimited funds. Access to politicians. This is serious s#!+. I don't recall any other big names/dollars, but they're there.

When I think of the "extremism" in my own life, I can only think of desert racing. I will spend more than every dime I have to further my goals. I will ignore other area's of my life just to be racing. I guess one big difference between me and the radicals mentioned above, is that my extremism is not aimed at restricting anyone else's liberty and pursuit of happiness. An unfortunate side effect of being "against" the eco-wacko's is that it seems we are on the side of the blatant destruction of the environment. This is not true. I don't know of any off-roader who would knowly, intentionally harm our environment. That's the rub: we're not anti-environment, yet we are shown to be opposing pro-enviromentalists.

On a more positive note, in most cases, radicalism rarely triumph's. Look at Waco, the Teleban, Tim McVey. These are examples of philosophy gone radical. Although each has followers, none have/will go on to mass success. Radicalism can be intoxicating. Look at street gangs. Same thing. Members swear their alliance, and will die in defense of cause. Yet the gang offers a sense of pride and belonging to the member. Same as all these radical groups. It is not likely we will ever defeat eco-extremism. All we can do is our best to elect people to our local and federal governments that will not take the pay off's from these well funded radical groups. We can also continue to do things like the clean-ups that heighten the public's awareness of our desire to police ourselves and our playgrounds.

Sorry to rain on this otherwise quite funny thread. Please excuse the length of this post.

Stan

Reaction
"One of the eco-freaks on the BLM RAC I sit on drives an Excursion."
Have you 'xplained his hypocrisy?

"And some people wonder why I dislike these assholes so much."
Please Pat, tell us how you 'really' feel about these nice, contributing members of society.

Stan

"I love donuts. My arse is bigger because of them; but I'm not a Five-O."

Paige

Reaction
David Fowler ( I'm pretty sure) is heading up TWP - David used to be a mucky muck in teh Sierra Club AND he was the head honcho for Earth First! These groups appear to be quite intertwined. I remember when I found out that the Audobon Society helped to fund EF! along with the Sierra Club - its interesting where the money of well meaning and uninformed do gooders really does go.

A funny - PETA recently sent out a press release stating that they belive that Wolves are inhumane and they are looking at starting a campaign to re-teach the wolf to not be so mean when they hunt in the wild for food....no really - I'm totally serious!!

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

TimHayosh

Reaction
PETA recently sent out a press release stating that they belive that Wolves are inhumane and they are looking at starting a campaign to re-teach the wolf to not be so mean when they hunt in the wild for food...

Now that's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

Reaction
I just had to send them an email. jackasses! (them not u)

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
What a bunch of zipper heads!! They want you to tag any SUV you see, But only the ones that people don't have a legitimate use for. Huh?? My question is, how do you tell the difference between the mom with the seven kids going to soccer practice, from the business man hauling stuff, if your throwing the sticker on the vehicle with no one in it? If anyone has the money to buy one of these SUVs (excursion, suburban) hell, I hope they have a use for it whatever it may be. Just keep this in mind. Idiots are only alive because it's illegal to shoot them. hence our continued fight against the Eco-nazis. My two cents.

Terrie_Tavis

Reaction
During the winter, I need my SUV (four wheel drive) just to get to the grocery store, or go to the movies (it snows here)...and I have kids, and we always involve their friends, which means that I need lots of room...(I won't mention that we chase with it) so what do these eco-people do? Do any of them have kids? Do any of them live in areas with snow? What is their solution? Horse and cart? Oh yeah, I forgot...they don't like horses either...they tromp on the land and eat the vegetation.

Bad Ass Toys Aren't Just For Boys!!!

Jack

Reaction
They talk about taging the big ones, but in there video they tag a mini van and in the photos a cherokee.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I just emailed that website...what an idiot. I saw a piece on the news a few weeks ago about this guy. He recruits people to help him "spread the word" that Big SUV's are harmful to the environment. He was putting stickers on suv's in a parking lot. Some people didn't give a rat's @#$ but a couple of them got pretty pissed (as I would). They made the guy take the sticker off of their vehicle and he looked like a complete @$$hole.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Eric

Reaction
If I caught one of those little pricks puting anything on my truck or SUV, you would be able to hear the 'bitch-slap' from Arizona to Northern California!

Eric
-------------------
Z-YA Racing

Cameron

Reaction
I saw this bumper sticker the other day
"EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO BE STUPID"
but I think the "EKO-FREEKS" are abusing this right!!!

<font color=red>Cameron</font color=red>
http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif</A>">
<font color=yellow>BRAT Racing # 936</font color=yellow>