Ecotec headers

craigincali

Reaction
I have a 2005 2.2l ecotec. I am looking for a decent set of headers. Everything I have found so far cost over $400.00 too much cash for my taste.

I would like them to face away (even if it is slightly) from the flywheel (i.e. towards the back of my car).

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

diirk

Reaction
I know of 2 relatively easy options, though they may require some fab on your part.

1. eBay. There's a ton of Ecotec headers on eBay. Typically between $100-$200.
2. Mike at Sandblaster Chassis (Bakersfield). He has everything for the Ecotec, header or flange and u-bends to do it youself, muffler, computer, fuel pumps, block off plate for power steering. 661-326-8092.

MattV

Reaction
Had I it to do over again, I'd probably start with one of the ones off of ebay and do reconstructive surgery to get the muffler hwere I wanted it. Or you could do what I did and pay entirely too much for a very nice looking one-off equal length header. I wanted it quieter, and the longer tubes helped a lot, but I think I would do it differently if I did it again.

craigincali

Reaction
I am just looking for a nice AFTERMARKET header that I can base my exhaust system off of. I think I will just buy a steel flange and make my own.

diirk

Reaction
That'll be cool. Be sure to take some pics.

motorbreath

Reaction
So, i'm going to try adapting one of the "off the shelf" headers for my Baja too.... i've sniffed around at EBAY and Summit, and am kinda overwhelmed at all the options... these little ecotec motors are making it into everything GM has their hands on it seems....

So, does anybody have a pic of how they adapted a header to a buggy? Or even a suggestion as to which one is compact enough to be built off of... (without sticking out dragging through the dirt a full bump....)

DEZDAD1

Reaction
Call Al's headers in Anaheim he did my radiator lines and a header for around $300.00 2 years ago..and that
was with a muffler.. Sorry i don't have the PH#...

diirk

Reaction
Run a search on Ecotec on GD.COM. There's a few folks over there with pics posted of their motors and exhaust.

JMS

Reaction
I have a 2005 2.2l ecotec. I am looking for a decent set of headers. Everything I have found so far cost over $400.00 too much cash for my taste.

I would like them to face away (even if it is slightly) from the flywheel (i.e. towards the back of my car).

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

PM sent