• Forum membership has its advantages....

Ecotec question for class 10

What ECU do you use? LAF was early DI motor LEA is newer and has some differences with the cams and phasing.

You will have serious tuning issues if you replace LEA with LAF or vice versa....
I believe our last motor was out of a 2017 (maybe a year or two older) Buick Verano, so we must have had the LEA. Using the ECU that came with it. Sounds like we'll be fine sticking with a newish LEA then.

Don't want anything too reliable though. I'd hate to tarnish my near-perfect DNF record!

Thanks for all the feedback!

Not class 10, but ol Pistola ran JY ecotecs in ALL the rentals. And if it wasnt known, won 2 different baja 500s with customers driving in 7200....with a JY non DI 2.4....i loved it lol. the unlimited v6 guys...not so much

ICR Racing 1044

Here is so me info
We just had 2 cars at Redline last week. Our class 10 alumicraft (the one listed in classifieds) with new Redline motor and new Motec ecu and new Redline wiring. Then a buddy of ours car who we prep with a junkyard motor. Both tuned by same guy, same trans, same gearing, same tires.

Buddys car came in at 168.9 hp @ 5.89. 168.4 Tq @ 4.70
our car came in at 173.67 hp @ 5.9. Tq 177.34 @ 4.63

I don't know if our motor has the slightly better number because it came from redline, I think every motor is different and it's simply the luck of the draw. Top teams will buy multiple and take the pick of the litter to race with.

powerbox_builder

Here is so me info
We just had 2 cars at Redline last week. Our class 10 alumicraft (the one listed in classifieds) with new Redline motor and new Motec ecu and new Redline wiring. Then a buddy of ours car who we prep with a junkyard motor. Both tuned by same guy, same trans, same gearing, same tires.

I don't know if our motor has the slightly better number because it came from redline, I think every motor is different and it's simply the luck of the draw. Top teams will buy multiple and take the pick of the litter to race with.
What exactly is a NEW Redline motor?

dzrt performance

Here is so me info

is this DI or port injected motors?