Reaction
THIS WAS A 4X4 EDGE.

Attachments

• 24-52279-edge006.jpg
    24-52279-edge006.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 134

DANKFAB

Reaction
That kit is very similar to a kit I just had built for my S10. How much travel is that getting? I am just under 19inches of travel. Do you know if there's any bumpsteer?

"Carpe Diem" Sieze The Day!

DANKFAB

Reaction
That kit is very similar to a kit I just had built for my S10. How much travel is that getting? I am just under 19inches of travel. Do you know if there's any bumpsteer?
Brandon

"Carpe Diem" Sieze The Day!

Attachments

• 24-52298-FebS10arms.JPG
    24-52298-FebS10arms.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 123

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
ive never seen that type of shock hoop before, is that structurally safe?

LVprerunners.com

hoeker

Reaction
the shock hoop looks pretty shaky to me.

Some are born great, some achieve greatness,
and some have greatness thrust upon them.

martininsocal

Reaction
If there is no tube to the rear/rear of the shock, it won't work...Where is teh resevoir suppose to go?

If your gonna go, go BIG

ntsqd

Reaction
Looks to me like the hoop is split. Front half is butted into a 90* tube which has a washer welded on the end of it. Then there is the ball of the dampers upper mount. Then another short tube with a washer welded on one end and the rear part of the hoop butted into it, also at a 90*.

So in the direction of the greatest force vector the hoop has a hinge, i.e the damper's mounting bolt. On top of that, it has two 90* turns in it immediately adjacent to the hinge point which will put a huge bending load on the upper damper mount's bolt. The upper control arm also has issues.

I see a LOT of work there w/o quite enough of an understanding of load paths and stress raisers. Overall it looks OK, but I would caution the driver to NOT hammer on it.

I don't intend to rip on the project or be mean, but there are some issues there that need redoing. Like I said, I see a lot of work done there. Major credit is due just for tackling such a project.

TS

I used to swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

GEARS

Reaction
ITS A FORD? THE FRAME WILL FALL APART BEFORE THE FRONT END DOES.

Attachments

• 24-52349-edge007.jpg
    24-52349-edge007.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 110

B Hansen

Reaction
Except that one has a bushing upper... but other than that, it looks a lot like H&M

99 Ranger 4.0L 2WD<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Brian_99 on 04/13/03 00:34 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Is that the "Ranger Edge" you are talking about or DRE's Edge? If it is not a Ranger, what year F1 was that?

Most wars are the result of compounded stupidity and those who believe it

Motorider

Reaction
From what I understand, ford makes a ranger edge, that is just two wheel drive. The difference between the edge and the regular two wheel drive, is the frame. The Edge is on a four wheel drive frame. If you look at the regular 2wd frame, it has a wierd bulge right at the front wheel. So this truck in the picture was a 4wd truck, that was basically made into an edge, because the guy screwed the 4wd, and some other stuff, up. Hence the 4x4 edge. Just no longer 4x

Donahoe

Reaction
FORD MAKES AN :EDGE" RANGER...... The EDGE by Donahoe Racing has nothing to do with the system you guys are talking about on that ranger. Our EDGE is our supeduty line of suspension.... We dont build Anything anymore for any Ranger. Just thought I would fix the confusion

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

01Baja4x4

Reaction
The Ford Ranger Edge, no matter which drivetrain, 2wd or 4wd, uses a torsion bar front suspension system on the 4wd platform with a 4wd body. So the pics. above had the t-bars replaced for C/O's.

-Tim