EFI fuses

blind655

Reaction
On my friends 91 toyota v6 he is blowing the EFI fuse regularly. Why would this happen? Maybe a short some where? The motor has around 170,000 miles on it, headers, and intake. I know this is a kinda vague question, but any ideas would help

Thanks
Mike

A suburban might not be as good as a truck, but it comes damn close with 8 people in it

ntsqd

Reaction
Tried scanning for any trouble codes ?

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

toyoter91

Reaction
thanks mike for postin for me while i was up in big bear. but i think i found out what it was doind. it seems like one of the smog control things was hitting something else and was shorting out. i think it got bent while doing the header install and thats why whenever we hit a big bump it would flex and hit the other and boom short out and blow the fuse. it is workin good now no blown fuses today .

-Rob

-Rob

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
the efi fuse also has the O2 sensor on the same circuit. check the loom going down to it. pete

race trash wiring

toyoter91

Reaction
thanks i will look into that too. it started acting up again last night and i blew about 30 fuses trying to find it but after i blew all the ones i had i went home and i thought about the 02 sensor. i will check it out. thanks

-Rob

geoff

Reaction
usually what happens when the ecu fuse keeps going is that the o2 sensor wires were leaning up on the exhaust manifold or downpipe, the insulation melted off and the o2 snesor heater wires are shorting out. Check them... (obviously you are doing that anyway)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." -- Willy Wonka

toyoter91

Reaction
Well i got it workin duct taped up the wires coming from the 02 in front of the cat. its workin good and i will be putting on a new 02 this weekend. thanks for the help guys

-Rob