EFI tuners

Captain Air Time

Reaction
I'm swapping a 2008 4.0L from a Ranger into my play truck, with the full harness and dash. I'd like to eliminate the cats and excess O2 sensors that go with them, eliminate the speed limiter, PATS, and perhaps make some fuel/spark changes down the road if I start to mod it. In the mean time though, there is no room for the cats, and sometimes I want to do 90mph+.

Is there a system that will allow me to make these changes at a reasonable price? If I get too frustrated with it, I'll buck up a few more bills and go SDS, but for now, I'd like to keep the OEM ECU. Also, can it be used to alter multiple ECU's? It would mitigate the cost some if I could use it on all of my trucks (all Ford 4.0L V6, OHV and SOHC). Wiring and EFI swaps are old hat, but I've never done any alterations to a computer before, so some real world experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

vierzwanzig

Banned
Reaction
just save up the money and do the sds.. its really your best bet. I have never found anything to work on the stock computer once you have modified the motor at all.

Co-Dog

Reaction
JUANCO is the 4.0 guru in this area. He might be able to hook you up.