El Centro Hospital Bad Care :<

Let's go off roading

Reaction
I have been very lucky I have never had to go to a hospital for any trauma or injury.
One hospital that I would never want to be treated at is El Centro Hospital.

I did have several family members and friends who have been treated there and the treatment was terrible.

One of my family members went there with a neck injury and was Paralyzed on one side her body. She received Xrays and as she laid in the bed not able to move the one and only doctor in the hospital told her nothing was wrong and she could go home. She was taken to another hospital in San Diego and she had a broken neck.

I have herd several incidents from friends going into the hospital with a broken arm and being told that their arm is not broken.

One person went into the hospital for something minor and when he woke up next the his hospital bed there was a cup with his tooth in it.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
My brother had a similar situation last October the day before the Superstition 250. We were pre-running the course and he crashed his quad. The EMTs arrived and transported him to the El Centro Hospital ER. He was at the hospital for approximately 8 hours and they diagonosed him with a frature of the L-2 vertebra.

We were told they were going to lifeflight him to UCSD in San Diego because they didn't want to chance further injury by transporting him via ambulance. We contacted our family in S.D. and they were waiting for him to arrive. Approximately 3 hours later he shows up at our pit with a back brace on. Prior to discharging him, they gave him a dose of morphine and told him to get home before it wore off. ??????????

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
OMG... very poor treatments on their end... where do they think they are... Mexico?!?! :eek:

Reaction
Maybe they are practicing universal coverage?

m80ondirt

Reaction
We always drive by EC and head to Pioneers in Brawley... Not just the care provided, but a year later you will get a letter from a bill collecter. They do not know how to bill insurance correctly. Had it happen 2x to me over 15 years ago, haven't been back, but it is still happening. Just a horribly run hospital.

wetmonkey

Reaction
Yeah we also had billing problems from El Centro. Once I went in to the ER with a massive headache (migraine I guess), they gave me some painkillers and the ER doc said; "You should see a doctor about this" WTF???? That's why I'm here, Doc!!

dezertranger1600

Reaction
Head to pioneers in Brawley. ECRMH absolutely blows. They hire these ''workers'' off of the streets of mexicali with no proper training whatsoever.

KConlon

Reaction
OMG... very poor treatments on their end... where do they think they are... Mexico?!?! :eek:
Have you been there lately? Its turning into Mexico. El Centro has been going down hill for a while, i was down there today and couldnt wait to get home.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Head to pioneers in Brawley. ECRMH absolutely blows. They hire these ''workers'' off of the streets of mexicali with no proper training whatsoever.
My brother didn't have much of a choice since that's where the EMTs took him. Under the circumstances, they transported him to the closest ER.

When you talk to "workers" who are you referiring to? I hardly believe a hospital would hire medically trained personnel who were not licenced to practice in the state of California. I do believe those who work there weren't at the top of their class when they graduated from medical school.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Have you been there lately? Its turning into Mexico. El Centro has been going down hill for a while, i was down there today and couldnt wait to get home.
Hahaaa I've only ever really been to El Centro once to visit a friend LOL usually I'm driving THROUGH EL Centro... :eek: I must say I did enjoy a mighty fine chorizo breakfast burrito ;)

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
actually gabby mexico has really good doctors that dont dont BS and fix you up right not just rape you in bills like some of the doctors here
In all honesty I've never been to either an El Centro Hospital or a Mexican hospital... but El Centro sounds scary!! I have however been to the dentist in Mexico and she did an AWESOME job for an 1/8th of the price that my dentist here was going to charge me WITH insurance :eek: What a rip!! I even had my dentist compliment her work when I went back for a cleaning!!!~ LOL

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
In all honesty I've never been to either an El Centro Hospital or a Mexican hospital... but El Centro sounds scary!! I have however been to the dentist in Mexico and she did an AWESOME job for an 1/8th of the price that my dentist here was going to charge me WITH insurance :eek: What a rip!! I even had my dentist compliment her work when I went back for a cleaning!!!~ LOL
now you know why the line to get back is so long, theres a TON of people from the states that go to tijuana to the dentist and doctor

BGRANT

Reaction
Been to the ER in Brawley, the ER in El Centro and to the clinic in San Felipe when I shattered my pelvis. The Mex doc had better bedside manner than either of the valley docs I saw, and the visits to the velley docs were not for anything as serious as the mex visit.

3G RACING

Reaction
When you guys say that ecrmc is turning into a Mexicali hospital, that would mean it's getting better. Ecrmc is a pos and should not be compared with Mexicali hospitals.
I'm speaking from my personal experience, Mexicali doctors are way better than the doctors here in the imperial valley.
I'll give you an example, here in ec my leg burned from an atv accident, doctors in the states gave me Tylenol and told me to get that checked, btw I was in the hospital!
Next day, I can't bare the pain, so I go to Mexicali. I didn't even need to go to a hospital, doctors will treat almost anything inside their offices, they have every available machine needed.
Needeless to say, when you need attention, money helps! There is no such thing as Medicare in mexico, but most private hospital do accept private Insurances.
I speak for myself when I say that hospitals in Mexicali are far better than el Centro......
Just my .02

Last edited: