El Centro NAVY is FULL of Off-Road'ers that need our help

Brian & Amy

Reaction
Many of us that enjoy off roading in the Imperial Valley (Plaster City especially!) have no idea that there is a huge Navy base just a stones throw from the trails we ride and courses we race!

These Navy guys and gals sacrifice a tremendous amount in their day-to-day job, which is keeping our country safe so that we can enjoy the freedoms that allow us to do things like offroading.

A group of guys at the El Centro Navy Base have an off road club, and for the past year or so have been trying to develop an "offroad park" on base for active duty personnel . They have a ton of heart and commitment, but to make the active duty offroad park a reality they need money.

If you have been to a DRIVE race you have seen these guys. They are the DRIVE Volunteer Team members with the tightest hair cuts :D

They give up their own time to come of base and volunteer at off road races because they love the sport and want to support off road racing. It would be awesome if the RDC family could get together to help out these men and women that do so much for us.

The El Centro Navy Off Road Club will be at the Vons in El Centro, September 1st from 4PM to 7PM taking donations. If you are in the valley please make a point to stop in and show you support for these guys and what they are trying to do.

Thank you to all the men and women that serve in our Armed Forces!

-Brian & Amy

dwasser

Reaction
Many of us that enjoy off roading in the Imperial Valley (Plaster City especially!) have no idea that there is a huge Navy base just a stones throw from the trails we ride and courses we race!

These Navy guys and gals sacrifice a tremendous amount in their day-to-day job, which is keeping our country safe so that we can enjoy the freedoms that allow us to do things like offroading.

A group of guys at the El Centro Navy Base have an off road club, and for the past year or so have been trying to develop an "offroad park" on base for active duty personnel . They have a ton of heart and commitment, but to make the active duty offroad park a reality they need money.

If you have been to a DRIVE race you have seen these guys. They are the DRIVE Volunteer Team members with the tightest hair cuts :D

They give up their own time to come of base and volunteer at off road races because they love the sport and want to support off road racing. It would be awesome if the RDC family could get together to help out these men and women that do so much for us.

The El Centro Navy Off Road Club will be at the Vons in El Centro, September 1st from 4PM to 7PM taking donations. If you are in the valley please make a point to stop in and show you support for these guys and what they are trying to do.

Thank you to all the men and women that serve in our Armed Forces!

-Brian & Amy

This group of people rock!

jsmstorm

Reaction
Thanks Doug we try! lol... But we are most likely going to have a table set up inside around the Starbucks / Deli area. Anything that we can get would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't have to be some rediculous amount of money or anything by any means, give us a quarter and we would be happy. Also if anyone has any irrigation materials or maybe a water truck or some fence post (preferably the steel one you just beat into the ground) or whatever we could use to help keep the track maintained would be great! If you would like to come by and check it out sometime let me know I have no problem with letting people come out and throw some roost with us if they hook us up in some form or fashion. Basically whatever we can get we will take because we are beggers and beggers can't be choosers.
Thanks DRIVE for your support we look forward to seeing you guys again at the next race / contingency
Jerrod

jsmstorm

Reaction
Thanks to everyone who came out yesterday and helped us out! We were able to raise $213 which may not seem like much, but we are very pleased with it. It is a start and we hope to be able to get some cool stickers, and possibly t-shirts made to get out to the masses in exchange for future donations at the DRIVE events. Doug, Brian thanks for all your help so far and I will have a list of volunteers to you soon!
Thanks all!
Jerrod

jsmstorm

Reaction
I would like to say thank you to Doug, Brian, Amy, Bear Designs and all of you who made a donation to us last weekend. We were able to raise about $400 which helps out alot especially since a non-club member decided to high center their SUV on a section of our track last weekend and destroy one of our jumps as well. We plan on being at the next DRIVE race doing the same thing we did this last time. If any of you can help us out in any way (doesn't have to be money) For example right now we are getting the main MX & kids tracks sectioned off from the truck course and marking off a parking / staging area so we have more control over who drives where on our park to prevent what happened this weekend from happening again. So if you have any of the string pennant things (we tried caution tape but it didn't work so well) or any old railroad ties or telephone poles you want/need to get rid of let me know we can use them.
Thanks again for all of your support!
Jerrod

PRECEPTS

Reaction
Thanks Doug we try! lol... But we are most likely going to have a table set up inside around the Starbucks / Deli area. Anything that we can get would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't have to be some rediculous amount of money or anything by any means, give us a quarter and we would be happy. Also if anyone has any irrigation materials or maybe a water truck or some fence post (preferably the steel one you just beat into the ground) or whatever we could use to help keep the track maintained would be great! If you would like to come by and check it out sometime let me know I have no problem with letting people come out and throw some roost with us if they hook us up in some form or fashion. Basically whatever we can get we will take because we are beggers and beggers can't be choosers.
Thanks DRIVE for your support we look forward to seeing you guys again at the next race / contingency
Jerrod

Jerrod
I received your email however I was not able respond, something to do with secured email. I did send you guys a donation.
Drew

jcyamablue81

Reaction
Drew,
We really appreciate your donation! Thank you very much! Jerrod is in the hospital right now cause his wife just had a baby boy today! All of us at the club couldn't thank you enough! Let us know if there is anything we could do to help you out!

Thanks,
James

dwasser

Reaction
Drew,
We really appreciate your donation! Thank you very much! Jerrod is in the hospital right now cause his wife just had a baby boy today! All of us at the club couldn't thank you enough! Let us know if there is anything we could do to help you out!

Thanks,
James

Congrats Jerrod!

Thanks for helping them out Drew. I know they really appreciate it.

jsmstorm

Reaction
Yes. Drew I got the check on thursday and was meaning to give you a call but I have been a little busy the last few days. Thanks again for the donation and will give you a call sometime this next week. Doug thanks man I was hoping to make it out to that 38 race today but I don't think that's going to happen