Election

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
I think if you vote Republican, you should be okay. Its pretty divided on the issues along party lines.

See ya in the dirt!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
DO NOT vote Davis and you are good to go. 1% increase in state tax is rediculous. I know what kind of people vote for this guy but if I called them out I would be referred to as John Rocker of RDC but with reference to California instead of New York. With Davis in office more and more people are going to be coming to Califrnia to get something for nothing

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

elcaprerunner

You got that right Kritter. Plus all of the democrats are enviro-nazis so if you vote there they are just going to take more land from us dezert people, and if they don't do that they will close it to two strokes at least. VOTE REPUBLICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

Waldo

Safehouse
My thoughts as a teacher regarding the Nov. 5 ballot:

GOVERNOR = DO NOT VOTE FOR GRAY DAVIS!!! Some folks endorse him but I don't particularly care for his politics!

PROP 47 = YES
The Kindergarten-University Public Education Facilities Bond Act of 2002 (Prop. 47) authorizes $13.05 billion to renovate older facilities and finance new construction in the state's public school systems, community colleges and universities.

PROP 49 = YES
After School Education and Safety Act provides $433 million in grants to help elementary and middle schools set up afternoon programs that will give kids a safe, educationally enriching and fun place to go after school.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
How come you don't like Davis? Being a teacher I thought you would given the fact he is big on education? I can understand why you would dislike him for a number of other reasons thought!

See ya in the dirt!

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Has anybody heard of Riorden (SP) being a right in? I believe he use to be the mayor of LA, kinda before my time though.

See ya in the dirt!

Paige

Rioden shouldn't be before your time - he lost the bid for the republican candiate for gov just last year...if Rioden is a right in - cool...I am voting against Davis...probably Simon.... MAN I need a candidate I am excited for- sheesh...

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
I meant that I think he was before me time as Mayor, I know that he lost the bid for govenor last year. How did we get stuck with these two crappy candidates? I wish the democrates had sent the message that if you do bad in office you are not guarenteed the nomination for the following term by replacing Davis with someone else!

See ya in the dirt!

Waldo

Safehouse
Davis disgusts me in several ways; personally, politically, and visually!

Personally - This last school year, Davis visited the school where my wife teaches and gave the school a "Distinguished School Recognition" award. During his little speech, he not only called the principal by the wrong name but also called the school the wrong name four or five times.

Politically - 1) Did the power outages affect anyone on this board? Well, they affected me! Davis put the blame on everyone else (PUC, Bush, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, out of state energy producers, and even Pete Wilson) except for where is should have been...himself. In 8/2000 Davis was informed of a possible energy crisis but failed to act in a reasonable manner, thus creating our black-outs, extra $ spent, and down right pain in the ass situation. 2) Davis also created the whole "accountability" program for schools where the schools and teachers are held RESPONSIBLE for the education of our youth (ie. your children). If the students at any particular school do well on the state standardized testing then your school can receive three types of monitary awards. Well, this was all fine and dandy until TOO MANY SCHOOLS REACHED GOALS. In turn, Davis cut out the majority of the $ for the schools. Now, I am not pissed because our school did reach its goals, what I am disgusted about is that the schools were supposed to receive $130 per student if they reached their goals. BEFORE the first year of payouts were to begin, they cut that number to $68/student. Then the next year it was eliminated completely. That is a ton of money that our schools lost out on. 3) Davis accepted over $100,000 of contributions from Enron. He should have given it back to the people who lost their livelihoods because of crappy corporate no-no's. 4) The state now has a deficit when there was a surplus during his first term.

Visually - He's just another lying politician (aren't they all?) everytime he opens his mouth.

That is why I don't know if I am going to select a governor candidate. I do like Dick Riordan though.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

frankh

What kind of after school program are going to come out of this bill ?

I remember when I was a kid, after school the playground was open and you could go to a room and get the stuff to play. Now it is all locked up and you can not even be on the grounds. Seems wrong to me. just pushing kids onto the streets.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
I wasn't familiar with the educational aspect. Sounds hypocritical for a guy who claims to be big on education. Thanks for the info. I agree 100% with on the power issue. He screwed us along with Enron. I am going to vote for Rioden if he is truly a write on.

See ya in the dirt!

elcaprerunner

Well if Riordon isn't a write in then hopefully us republicans would vote for Simon right? He is the only one who is going to keep our recreation areas open as governer isn't he?

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

Paige

I am voting for simon for more than the recreational stuff. Davis has pledged that he is pro-off-road - whether he will renig on that i dunno. The AB 1493, and a laundry list of other things inlcuding the energy crises, insurance issues, ever increasing taxes, etc.. are the main reasons I am voting agaist Davis. I think that Simon has said he is pro off-road, but you have to remember to appease his detractors he may do something to get them off his back...so we are not "safe" in my opinion with either one!

How did we get stuck with two crappy candidates? GOOD QUESTION! Well Davis did a great smear campaign against Rioden (who was a business man before being elected to mayor of LA- he only took $1 as a salary each year during his entire term) So some people bought into that and voted for the hard core republican - Simon. Davis - well you said it - the dems went with the incumbant - but I read somewhere that he only got 81% of the vote in the primarries which reportedly is horrid for an incumbent.

I didn't know about the edu stuff either - yet another reason.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
I got to go to a meeting with Davis' Campaign director in Sacramento and he said that Davis knew that Rioden would be harder to beet than Simon thus the heavy smear campaign against him in the primaries. I think that Rioden would be good for all concerned. He has a heavy following in LA and could be a contender if a write in.

See ya in the dirt!

FORDTECH

does any body know if simon is endorsed by the N.R.A. ? if he is thats enough reason to vote for him.

im not afraid of dying ,i just dont want to be there when it happens !

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
He is endorsed by Arnold Schwarzeneger

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Yes, he is endorsed by the National Rednecks Association...err...I mean the National Rifle Association. :)

Whatever your candadite is, just get out there and VOTE!!! The 18-25 demographic is seriously in need of voters and until we start voting the politicians will continue to ignore us!

See ya in the dirt!

martininsocal

Riordon has said he will not participate in a write-in campaign. So don't waste a vote. Davis used his campaign war chest to beat his true opponent in the primary, Riordon, so he wouldn't have to beat him in the real election. As most have seen, Davis does enough damage through his own actions that he never would have beaten Riordon now. Davis Chose simon to run against and all the democrats voted for that in the open primary. Kinda sucks to have the elextion decided when folks from the other side decide who you should be supporting. Everyone keeps saying lesser of 2 evils, but we really don't have any idea what Simon would be like as an elected official. We all know what Davis is like(the rest!), so I will go with Simon simply as a new and untried...

If your gonna go, go BIG

Waldo

Safehouse
Travis...I agree that our over 18 pop needs to vote!

If you are an Orange County resident, go to http://www.oc.ca.gov/election/material/4a-6.htm

You can download an "absentee voting" form. There is still time, I think you have to have your request in 7 days prior to the election. The county will send the ballots to your home. Check a certain box and you can use absentee voting every election. You don't have to go anywhere if you feel inconvenienced.

VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!

I forgot how to make that crap "clicky".

BRAAAAAAAAP!