Election

racer951

Reaction
Since most of us are from CA I thought I'd post this. A friend sent it to me. I's hilarious. Personally I think it's B.s> the way Arnold is going about the debates saying he will only do it knowing the questions ahead of time, so I'd like to vote in Tom Mclintock, but that won't happen, so I guess it's Arnold time. Bustamante would be even worse than Davis, and everyone knows he's been the worst governor this state has known.

http://votearianna.com/cleanhouse/

BradM

Reaction
Tom Mclintock should be the man that the republicans support. He is the only real pro-business candidate and he has some experience with the game already. It will be interesting but I hope one of them pulls out because we can't afford to split the vote and hand it to the cruzer.

martininsocal

Reaction
Cory- don't buy all the media hype about Arnold wanting the questions ahead of time, that is an absolute lie. The Broadcasters association made the rules up for the debate and it included 12 questions that would be asked of each candidate, Arnold had nothing to do with it. All the Candidates complained and the format has been changed so the debate will include the 12 questions as well as off the cuff questions for each candidate.
As for McClintock- Another Career politician who says he will do the right thing, but has been in office for years and has waffled many times. He hates Pete Wilson and many say this is his way of screwing with Wilson from the days when he was Gov. In reality, the best "Businessman" was Ueberoth, but he is out and hasn't endorsed yet, but he specifically said he would personally question each candidate as to what their strategy was for brining business back to California.
Here is the real problem, you won't get businesses back in California without giving up some of the benefits California has extended to the worker, like the Family Medical Leave Act and Real Workmans Comp reform. Also, Trial reform has to occur or there will be no progress, period.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
Even if he did request to get the questions ahead of time, with would that affect your vote? In real politics, you don't need to think instantly and alone like debates. You have a council and time to make decisions. I think its better that they get the questions ahead of time, so we know that they have put a lot of thought into the question.

empire231

Reaction
vote for arnold to get a republican in office, or we'll be stuck w/ davis or even cruz. we cant afford to split the republican vote.

racer951

Reaction
You have to think on your feet in office, but we cannot afford to split the vote, that is correct. Hell the off road racing group almost needs to form a pac to get our voices head. Arnold hasn't thrown out too many specifics but I think he'll focus on business which is good. Martin you are right about the workman's comp insurance, it's probably the biggest problem right now, esepecially for small businesses. Also, in Arnold's new commercial he wants to tax the indians. I've always wanted to tax the reservations, but I'm not sure how we could do it quickly because of all the contracts and stipulations that both sides have agreed to with regards to gambling. That's a tricky issue.

Bonzen

Reaction
I know it's just one small issue among alot of bigger ones, but republicans wont close down Glamis.....

Cruz will only shift the balance more to the left.

-Ryan

silverstateracer

Reaction
It would be great if they (Arnold & Mclintock) would get on the same page. They way it looks they are going to split the vote enough to give the win to Shorty. I would think they would both have something to gain having each other in an office, one in legislature and the other in the gov's office.

empire231

Reaction
the debate is on @ 6:00 tonight, everyone should try and check it out to see what these guys have to say...

empire231

Reaction
I'm all for arnold! look at it this way, McClintock has some good points, but arnold still has more support from the republican party, there is no way McClintock is gonna win by popular vote, so he will just rob arnold of some valuable votes, which can leave us w/ davis sa governer or even worse; cruz bust-a-move . JOIN ARNOLD.

Ryno

Reaction
With all due respect...this is in NO WAY meant as racism. Bustamante will turn CA in Mexifornia...it's going there already. I'm all for people getting what they work hard for. Now we are giving rights to people that aren't citizens. CA needs to do alot of things, workers comp reform, get property taxes under control, and revoke this new Vehicle License Fee Increase. For all you guys with Superdutys and HD's...I hope you like the $800 check your gonna write for a sticker. I think the state should capitalize on us. Honestly. I would GLADLY pay $60/ year to keep the desert open and clean. Let me keep my guns, my desert, and my job, and I'm a happy man.

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Hell the off road racing group almost needs to form a pac to get our voices head.

[/ QUOTE ]

California League of Off Road Voters

Of course they endorsed Gray Davis for 2002
which I know for a fact has cost them membership since when it came time for my club to join, they were one of the choices and I very adamantely voiced my opposition to joining CLORV because of this fact.

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
Yes it is. Before the last election cycle and before my club voted on what group to join last year, I conversed with some of the powers that be in CLORV about their endorsements cause Davis wasn't the only one I had issues with.

The basic reply I got from them concerning their endorsements was some of the candidates didn't return questionnaires and others, Davis included, had shown his interest in helping off-roaders progress with our interests. Of course I wasn't too happy with this cause for one, a local candidate down here is a big time gearhead and I had a conversation with him before the election and he was totally into what we are trying to get down, yet CLORV endorsed the liberal democrat in that race.

I personally would like to see the off-roaders, the gun rights advocates, the hunting interests and fishing interests and all the outdoor types get together and form one large group and in sense have a little more power when it comes election time. In the end, our interests all tie in one way or another or most of us "cross-recreate" into other outdoor sports and we should fight together.

Until CLORV gets their heads out of their a**es and start supporting candidates that represent my interests across the spectrum, they will not get my support.

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: "Davis included, had shown his interest in helping off-roaders progress with our interests."

Let me take a stab at translating that.....

What Davis was REALLY saying was, "say, how much money you boys and your organization gonna donate to my political pocket book and I'll see what I can do for ya."

Dave

BradM

Reaction
I questioned CLORV's support of Davis too and the answer that I received boiled down to BS. More or less, I was told that Davis had shown some support for the OHV community but beyond that, CLORV was affraid to back Simon and still have Davis win the election. They said that if that happened, they would loose all support from Davis. Basically, they were trying to play a political game. In my opinion, if that is the way they select candidates to endorse, they are not really working for the OHV community but rather they are working to prolong their own existance. More of these groups need to bow up and take stands based on the issues, not politics related to the issues.

As for the various groups coming together to support one candidate or set of candidates in general elections, that is a great idea but I don't think it will ever happen. Each group is looking out for their own special interest and although they are related, they may be willing to sacrafice something else if they get what they want. It's BS but again they are playing a political game. The best that you can do is to become informed yourself and make your own decisions. It sounds like you are already there.

martininsocal

Reaction
Brad- You're right and wrong. CLORV supported Davis because Davis had a track record of supporting OHV and Green Sticker Issues. Period. CLORV is not a Social Engineering Group or World Changing type organization, that is what Political parties are for. The questionaire sent out was very specific to offroad needs, period. It didn't ask about gun control, abortion rights, illegal immigration, etc... It specifically targeted Green Sticker funds and OHV oppurtunities in the State. That is what CLORV based their endorsements on, OHV activity specifically. That is why their endorsement list may not have made sense to many. I was somewhat dumbfoundde when I saw the list, but I asked how it could be, asked about teh questionaire, and I understand how it happened. I don't agree with it, but I understand how it got there.
As for a coalition of users supporting candidates, we have thet now on a national level, Try Blue Ribbon, and at the State level, CORVA is involved with many poilitcal and legal issues. We still don't have a good statewide coalition because some sides don't want to play, namely hunters, who have just recently placed offroaders out as the target again for the Mojave Desert. And there is still a huge battle in the Mountain Bike Industry about whether they are gonna throw us under the bus or not. They are having a huge inbattle about that.
Clorv fights the right battles when it comes to litigation and your rights as an offroader, but maybe they should limit their support in races due to teh fact that you will never be right for everybody. This should be the way it is for most groups, make voting for a candidate an individual choice rather than a block choice, it will reduce the amount of money involved and take the program back to the grass roots.

BRBoudreaux

Reaction
In the end, it's just a pile of political horse crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These groups run around by themselves with their own narrow-minded focus and it hurts the process. Take this example:

When my club was having it's discussion, one guy spoke up and stated he doesn't follow politics and if we had joined CLORV, he would have probably been swayed by their endorsements. Once I informed him that some of the endorsements CLORV made were very anti-gun/hunting, he perked up. In the end, we didn't join CLORV. How many off-roaders do you know fish, hunt, whatever? So in a sense, these groups we belong to may end up working against each other and philosophically, we lose as a whole.

BRC is a good group and like all the stuff that I have seen, but there's a little problem; publicity. How many times do you read about the group in the major media? I can't remember the last time I heard a quote or read an article about them. This is something that needs to be taken to the grass roots level.

The media influences a great number of our population and if we could saturate the press with all the good that happens, then maybe we start to grow in power and start getting rid of these clowns.

FIF

Reaction
In the end it doens't really mater who gets elected as long as Davis is out and Cruz is NOT in. He's openly supported Davis while running his own campaign at the same time. More double talk and baloney. His views are right in line with Davis' so there'd be a change of name on the door, but the same stuff going on in the office.

Oh, and food for thought.........Arnold is ANTI-GUN.