Elections

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Well, that scumbag Davis was re-elected to office. The Republicans gained control of the Senate and held control of the house in a mid-term election. Bush's crooked brother was re-elected and a former vice-president lost election to the Senate! All in all quite a crazy election! What do you guys think?

Martin- What was your position on the after school programs?

See ya in the dirt!

jeff

I voted yesterday (got my little sticker) and it was a mess. I get frustrated when my choices for political leaders just flat out suck. With all the BS it takes a heap of time to sort the BS from the stuff that matters. What pisses me off is the influence the media has on voting these days. They have all these projections that either sway people to "vote for a winner" or to not even bother voting at all.

I could go on for days... instead I leave you with this clicky link:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.billsimon.com/>http://www.billsimon.com/</A> --- turn up those SPEAKERS!

Aloha

Vtr_Racing

Yeah, where are all the eco freaks now? I dont see complaining about how the politicos speared an organism with all those darn signs and are trying to ban them with the endangered species act or calling for a environmental impact study before they are allowed to put em up!!!!!! Anyway, I voted.......
:eek:)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.socalmotocross.com/vtrracing//>Speed Safely</A>

Tom_Willis

the news mentioned the lowest turnout ever(?). the governor's race was described as "a race to the bottom", so I switched channels and watched Rachel and Phoebe instead.

martininsocal

Jr- I was kinda torn on the prgrams. I feel that if the funds that are suppose to be allocated to the school districts from the old prop 98 (I think that was the one) that garunteed over 50% of the general fund to them really happened, we wouldn't be in this situation where new bonds for the same issues arise every 2 tears. I was a youth counselor at the Carlsbad Boys and Girls club before I became a permanent Firefighter. I know what after school programs can do when not tied up in beauracratic red tape. I voted yes for 49 because it was cost neutral, it was tid to surplus funds, so there would be no deficit spending. I also voted yes for a local bond to pay for upgrades to our schools in Big Bear. i voted no for the statewide schools initiative because it seems that at a state level, they are always asking for money and nothing seems to trickle down. I like the local programs best becausethe money has a better chance of being used for local needs instead of what someone thinks is whats best sitting in a palace in Sacramento.
I am happy that there may actually be a chance to reform the ESA and I sure hope there is some sort of tort reform that limits damages to realistic values. I am all for punishing businesses, etc...that do bad, but spilled coffee is not worth any money, period.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Martin - My sentiments exactly! I feel that the state money gets spread to thin and doesn't have the impact that the local money does. I think that the cost of the state's bonds outweigh their intended effects.

Good job to all that voted and get the word out to vote as there is a lot of room for improvement!

See ya in the dirt!

pjc

Chairman
Because the GOP now controls the Senate and Congress, it is unlikely that Boxer's latest wilderness bill will have much life for the next two years.

Why did you miss this?

PJCinLV

Waldo

Safehouse
Martin - You head the nail right on the head. I teach special education and the Federal Gov't is SUPPOSED to pay 40% of each child's education. The most we have ever seen is 15% up until two years ago when the fed release an additional 2%. However, instead of the schools getting the 17%, the state played a "smoke and mirrors" game and took the 2% because they said they have been spending more than that to "make up the difference" for the past umpteen years. So we are still only seeing 15%...Political BS!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

martininsocal

Pat- I really hope that ESA reform (Jr, Thats real reform, not a gutting) takes place. As for the state ripping off educational funds...just get in line. Now that More bonds passed that all said they wouldn't increase taxes, you will see fund shifts that will empty transportation and public safety accounts to pay for these new measures. Why? Because it is an easier sell to get the public to vote yes for assesment taxes to pay for police and fire services than it is to get them to vote yes for midnite basketball and Delhi sands loving fly habitat aquisition.

My sister-in-law is a special ed teacher. Some of you may have read about her lately in the LA Times. She was the teacher who Hit the diagnosis on the 3 kids with San Felipo's disease up in Amador County. Even the tales she tells me about the idiotic ideas being pushed for Special Ed makes you wonder who is running the Assylum!

If your gonna go, go BIG