Electric chase vehicles

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Diesel prices just keep going up, with diesel at 6 and $7 a gallon in places im thinking the idea of an electric chase vehicle might be gaining ground in the community. 3 desert racing buddy’s I know have recently swapped their daily driver over to electric with most of us sure to do the same (or go broke paying for fuel and. It be able to race!).

We are considering using a EV (not sure which one) at Baja Nevada. There is a supercharger in to Tonopah as well as several fast chargers along the route. With it taking around 14 mins to charge fully, it’s beginning to look like a viable option.

A new ford lightning would work well, as well as be able to power high-current tools such as a welder or compressor right from its battery. Could be the new chase vehicle for us.

Chase 1 will, for now at least, still need to be a diesel truck, but for chase 2 and 3 the option is there.

—john

Advertising supports this site

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Why?

Why take the risk of running out and having to wait? I don’t get it.

Love the performance of a Tesla but it’s not saving the planet and a EV chase truck would have the risk of getting stuck out in middle of nowhere dead.

What would be the reason to take that risk? You sure wouldn’t be able to race Mexico with it and resale would be tough.

Mike

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
You know, when I got the tesla I was also worried about running out. But it just doesn’t happen. There are chargers everywhere. You run the same risk of running out of diesel. You won’t understand till you have one. Lighting in order, didn’t come in yet. So…

Not sure we are going to do this, but defiantly considering it if the truck comes in time . If not this race, future races yes. Orders are taking FOREVER. Too much demand too little parts like everything else. Can’t have a chase car, that doesn’t work too well. Need lightning first.

Power: The lightning can EASILY power a welder. And a compressor. At the same time. EASILY. Go check the specs of the power output!

Now in Mexico, yea I’m sticking with my diesel. But for the US, no reason not to go electric when not towing.

Russ: not political. We just love innovation and electric power!

—john

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Promote electric anything you will be eaten alive…. Things rDc has learned me today….

Right! I remember back in high at the drag strip telling everyone how awesome fuel injection was. Everyone hated it. They would rip it off mustangs and throw on a carb, sayIng they would never run it. Look at fuel injection now.

When you jump on a technology early you have a big advantage, both financially (investments) and skill wise (race vehicles/product development). We are in a transformation phase right now, and those who wait will be behind the curve. Electric UTVs and race vehicles will save the sport, no doubt.

One day someone will look back and read posts about EV hate and laugh!

I think once an electric TT wins a major race then everyone on RDC will all of a sudden change their tune.

—john

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
7F643B9C-5471-4439-8519-C710E692CD42.jpegA00488A5-C9D5-4AB4-BDA1-DBE3EF0191F9.jpeg787FA1F7-BA37-42C5-8C4E-40302C12475A.jpegI will walk before I support the evil Chinese government killing innocent kids for your electric dreams .

McCredie A

RDC Crypto
I am under the impression most chase trucks 3/4 & 1 ton trucks. Is there a 3/4 or1 ton electric truck available right now?

43mod

RDC Crypto
Ev are cool but the political voodoo and lies to make it fly at the moment are bs . When it stands on its own merit it will be great . As far as a tt winning how about any class finishing a race to begin with

E.Hagle

RDC Crypto
You know, when I got the tesla I was also worried about running out. But it just doesn’t happen. There are chargers everywhere. You run the same risk of running out of diesel. You won’t understand till you have one. Lighting in order, didn’t come in yet. So…

Not sure we are going to do this, but defiantly considering it if the truck comes in time . If not this race, future races yes. Orders are taking FOREVER. Too much demand too little parts like everything else. Can’t have a chase car, that doesn’t work too well. Need lightning first.

Power: The lightning can EASILY power a welder. And a compressor. At the same time. EASILY. Go check the specs of the power output!

Now in Mexico, yea I’m sticking with my diesel. But for the US, no reason not to go electric when not towing.

Russ: not political. We just love innovation and electric power!

—john
You’re right about the battery capability and welding. I was ignorant to how much juice those batteries contain. I can’t believe it honestly.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
You’re right about the battery capability and welding. I was ignorant to how much juice those batteries contain. I can’t believe it honestly.

Technically you could even weld off a 15 amp plug. I know my new miller multimatic 225 can weld up to 1/8 using a regular 15 amp plug. Put the adapter on and put into a 50 amp and I can go up to 3/8. Welders have come so far. Love that new welder!

—john

Josh 8

RDC Crypto
Keep a generator in the back.

I don’t get it. 🤯

43mod

RDC Crypto
More like your putting money in foreign oil over and over again supporting other country’s. Why not support our own?

—john

Explain this . Do you mean support our own energy production ?

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
More like your putting money in foreign oil over and over again supporting other country’s. Why not support our own?

—john

Explain this . Do you mean support our own energy production ?
100%. Such as natural gas. But lets stay on topic here.

--John