Electric chase vehicles

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
Just look at how well the lordstown truck performed last year and expect the same level from a chase vehicle when running at max effort. Ill stick with diesel, these prices arent forever.
If you're basing the performance metrics of EVs off one single sub-par effort, you're gonna have a bad time. Right now trying to

No vehicle is going to meet the needs of every use case. When a vehicle with a 1,000 mile range comes out, people will just find something new to bitch about.

I might be wrong but the "9.6 Kw" power output that ford talks about is using the hybrid engine as a gas generator.

They have a 2.4 kw (2400 watts) that uses the battery only.
There's no hybrid engine, it's just using the on-board stored power:

Racer Tim

RDC Crypto
There's no hybrid engine, it's just using the on-board stored power:

You might want to double check that, Ford's own sales info talks about fuel consumption and gas, again I think the 2.4 kw is off the battery but the 7.2 KW or 9.6Kw are only if there is a engine used as a generator.

Ford Pro Power Onboard with 7.2 kW - Find the best Ford deals!

Tripling the 2.4-kW system's power capacity, Pro Power Onboard 7.2 kW is an exclusive option on the F-150 Hybrid. With 7,200 watts of power, this configuration boosts the F-150's capabilities to new heights. For comparison, a standard RV generator typically produces a maximum of 4,000 watts of electricity. Pro Power Onboard 7.2 kW also tops its two lesser versions by offering four 120-volt outlets plus a 240-volt outlet for meeting the power requirements of heavier equipment and large electronic devices.
This system's portable power is enough to support large scale projects such as framing a house, running a mobile metal shop equipped with industrial saws and welding equipment, or supporting a day at an off-road vehicle park with two electric dirt bikes. The runtime for this system on a full tank of gas is 32 hours at its maximum load. When using less wattage, the system will run even longer.

Other Benefits of Ford Pro Power Onboard - Find the best Ford deals!

For added convenience, Pro Power Onboard can operate while the Ford F-150 is in motion. This means tools and equipment can charge while traveling to the worksite or outdoor recreation spot.
Another advantage of Pro Power Onboard comes from a feature called generator mode. Generally, when a pickup truck is left idling for a certain amount of time, the engine will turn off due to an automatic idle shutdown function that conserves fuel. But generator mode overrides the shutdown function and allows the engine to continue idling and provide power to devices. The truck will not turn off until both the fuel and battery power are fully exhausted.
Pro Power Onboard also benefits from the FordPass app, which allows smartphone monitoring and management of the system, including turning the system on and off. However, smartphone control only works within 30 feet of the truck's Wi-Fi range.
In terms of safety, Pro Power Onboard allows the F-150’s owner to lock the truck while idling, even overnight. This functionality prevents any foul play or unauthorized attempt to drive the vehicle away even though the engine is running.

Advertising supports this site

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
You might want to double check that, Ford's own sales info talks about fuel consumption and gas, again I think the 2.4 kw is off the battery but the 7.2 KW or 9.6Kw are only if there is a engine used as a generator.

Ford Pro Power Onboard with 7.2 kW - Find the best Ford deals!

Tripling the 2.4-kW system's power capacity, Pro Power Onboard 7.2 kW is an exclusive option on the F-150 Hybrid. With 7,200 watts of power, this configuration boosts the F-150's capabilities to new heights. For comparison, a standard RV generator typically produces a maximum of 4,000 watts of electricity. Pro Power Onboard 7.2 kW also tops its two lesser versions by offering four 120-volt outlets plus a 240-volt outlet for meeting the power requirements of heavier equipment and large electronic devices.
This system's portable power is enough to support large scale projects such as framing a house, running a mobile metal shop equipped with industrial saws and welding equipment, or supporting a day at an off-road vehicle park with two electric dirt bikes. The runtime for this system on a full tank of gas is 32 hours at its maximum load. When using less wattage, the system will run even longer.

Other Benefits of Ford Pro Power Onboard - Find the best Ford deals!

For added convenience, Pro Power Onboard can operate while the Ford F-150 is in motion. This means tools and equipment can charge while traveling to the worksite or outdoor recreation spot.
Another advantage of Pro Power Onboard comes from a feature called generator mode. Generally, when a pickup truck is left idling for a certain amount of time, the engine will turn off due to an automatic idle shutdown function that conserves fuel. But generator mode overrides the shutdown function and allows the engine to continue idling and provide power to devices. The truck will not turn off until both the fuel and battery power are fully exhausted.
Pro Power Onboard also benefits from the FordPass app, which allows smartphone monitoring and management of the system, including turning the system on and off. However, smartphone control only works within 30 feet of the truck's Wi-Fi range.
In terms of safety, Pro Power Onboard allows the F-150’s owner to lock the truck while idling, even overnight. This functionality prevents any foul play or unauthorized attempt to drive the vehicle away even though the engine is running.
The Ford F-150 Hybrid (w/Pro Power) and the Ford F-150 Lightning are two VERY different trucks...

One has a gas engine. The lightning does not.

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
EV HD trucks?

They are going to need much larger parking lots for all these EV trucks to sit in line and wait for a charger. LOL

Our local Tesla charging spots are packed and lots of people waiting for a charger. It's pretty laughable and ironic. Progress?, not sure. If a Tesla needs to sit there for 20-30 min how long will a HD truck need to sit there?

The funny thing about emotionally driven solutions is it's easy to ignore the reality.

Only way I would have a EV chase truck is if I had a on board gen. But if I have to have a gen and fuel to run it then why have all the batteries and electric motors along with it.

Mike
Awesome.

Opportunity to setup charge ports and get in on the new market.

Problem is just another word for opportunity.

Robin Hood

RDC Crypto
I actually got a phone call from a friend that works with ford last night.

This is what I got from the call:
Ford IS working on an electric super duty / HD electric truck.

ford anticipates almost 50% of the HD pickup market to be electric in the next 5 years.

Who knows is this is all material or not, but my source hasn’t been wrong yet (They told me things about the bronco way before info was released), so I Definatly think they are credible.

And from what they said I can believe that.

—john

CEO says otherwise...but I doubt he is really in charge🤫

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
Let’s clean up all our old nuclear waste , then decide where how and what nuke power plants we need to build . Flood our grid with power all the while pumping every ounce of oil and gas to keep functioning as we try to stabilize our borders and water . Then we can start to transition into a infrastructure that has been in place for a while . This seems so far fetched under the current thinking .They are using fossil fuels to pump water up Hoover dam to fill the holding tanks to feed the generators now at lake mead .

Bricoop

RDC Crypto
Let’s clean up all our old nuclear waste , then decide where how and what nuke power plants we need to build . Flood our grid with power all the while pumping every ounce of oil and gas to keep functioning as we try to stabilize our borders and water . Then we can start to transition into a infrastructure that has been in place for a while . This seems so far fetched under the current thinking .They are using fossil fuels to pump water up Hoover dam to fill the holding tanks to feed the generators now at lake mead .
Is that for peak energy demand reasons? Using the lake to function as a battery of sorts (elevated water has potential energy that can be drawn upon when needed, eg. to cool hotel rooms during the day)

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Is that for energy demand reasons? Using the lake to function as a battery of sorts (elevated water has potential energy that can be drawn upon when needed, eg. to cool hotel rooms during the day)
Correct. Pumping water for energy storage has been a thing since dams were created for power.

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
70A1CA79-AFF9-4E32-A90F-B317C1787BB6.jpeg

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
Is that for peak energy demand reasons? Using the lake to function as a battery of sorts (elevated water has potential energy that can be drawn upon when needed, eg. to cool hotel rooms during the day)
I grew up close to one of those in Germany. It was built in 1958 and is in the MW category of generation and pumping. A huge mechanical battery to balance the grids demand cycles throughout the day.

If you want to nerd out on it... there is tons of content for it. Search for: Pumpspeicherkraftwerk Geesthacht

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Reminding me of what I’m dealing with now trying to order parts for a classic Simson duo (look it up). Recently I aquired one and now have the only known one in the US. It’s a German bike, never imported to the US so I have to order everything from Germany! Learning German to make orders is a PITA!

It’s a 2 stroke, so there’s some of my gas side for you all.

—john

43mod

RDC Crypto
The question would be do you ? Pumping water uphill w fossil to later use to make hydro is insane . Excess energy could be ( other means as well )constant nuke energy pumping water at low demand times to let more hydro happen upon demand . Power generation is not something done at the flip of a switch . And as usual you smug fhuq 🖕🏿

43mod

RDC Crypto
Hydro makes power 24 hours a day even when it is not needed. And you’re ignoring the point about burning fossil fuel. But carry-on with unicorn dreams