Electric chase vehicles

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Hydro makes power 24 hours a day even when it is not needed. And you’re ignoring the point about burning fossil fuel. But carry-on with unicorn dreams
What?! 🤣 Hydro makes power as it is needed. If they don’t need it, they won’t have the turbine generators operating and the flow will bypass.

Man, you are sure showing what you know about energy production and storage!!

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
What?! 🤣 Hydro makes power as it is needed. If they don’t need it, they won’t have the turbine generators operating and the flow will bypass.

Man, you are sure showing what you know about energy production and storage!!

MG, you are the one that is showing a lack of understanding. I think you are just arguing with Bro because it’s him.

Yes the water flow (energy) bypasses and does not make power. AKA excess wasted energy.

Lots of cool energy storage concepts out there. My
Favorite is the crane that lifts blocks of concrete to form a castle when power is being generated. Then it lowers the blocks back down making power when it’s needed. Kinetic energy storage is cool.

They wouldn’t need that if there was not excess energy that needed to be stored.

Mike

Last edited:
Advertising supports this site

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
MG, you are the one that is showing a lack of understanding. I think you are just arguing with Bro because it’s him.

Yes the water flow (energy) bypasses and does not make power. AKA excess wasted energy.

Lots of cool energy storage concepts out there. My
Favorite is the crane that lifts blocks of concrete to form a castle when power is being generated. Then it lowers the blocks back down making power when it’s needed. Kinetic energy storage is cool.

They wouldn’t need that if there was not excess energy that needed to be stored.

Mike

It's not Bro? It's 43mod.

The block stacking you posted is analgous to a dam.

Stored gravitational potential energy. Put energy in, get energy out. No "excess". Actually, there are losses associated with storage, hence the past desire to produce power as it is required (throttling).

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
It's not Bro? It's 43mod.

The block stacking you posted is analgous to a dam.

Stored gravitational potential energy. Put energy in, get energy out. No "excess". Actually, there are losses associated with storage, hence the past desire to produce power as it is required (throttling).

Sorry, I get people confused on here. Have not met Bro. Met 43Mod and he seemed nice but then chewed me out here so now I will remember him. LOL

Yes there is loss with any type of energy storage, but letting stored water go without making power is a total loss. Bro's point was if only you could use the excess energy. Which of course would be better than letting to go down the river. Or letting the wind turbines stop when power is not needed.

I actually know a fair amount about Hydro Electric. My dad is an electrical engineer that ran two hydro electric plants in CA. I have been to them many times and learned a lot over the years. The most interesting part of his job was all the politics about "green" credits and water management. The Hydro Electric part was the simple part of his job. The more you know about the politics around that buisness the less you like politicians. LOL

Mike

T.martin

RDC Crypto
Does a working version of the block stacker electrical storage system exist? That's a tall stack. When there is excess electricity from the wind turbines, I would think that it would mess with lowering and stacking the blocks down below. Interesting concept, but would need to be shielded from the wind.

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
That tower is epic.

Energy loses are everywhere. The power strip to my computer had more energy 6ft at the beginning then at the end.
The more we nerd out on those loses via math and economy the less they are. Efficiency.

Egos, politics, bribes, aesthetics, crime, logistics, erosion, disasters, feelings are a reality and therefor must be factored in as well.

Free and open discussion gets us to the most optimum outcome.

There are no solutions; only compromises.

bajafox

Barely Accepted
RDC Crypto
The only teams wealthy enough to even attempt this with the current line up of available EV's won't.

What do you do when your EV trucks computer goes ape isht and you have to call customer service to reboot it for you while you're in the middle of the desert with no service? I know this happens with Teslas quite often. You can work on a truck with diesel or gas motor, you can't do crap on an EV truck if you break down and its computer/software related.

They're completely irrelevant as of today. Even the fastest TT at the Baja 250 that finishes in 4-5hours has no use for one, let alone any class after that.

43mod

RDC Crypto
Good hydro uses every gallon to make power . Think block stacking w water . It is common and not hard to figure out / learn about . Unless you are so right that it cant be …..

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
I think we are all forgetting that rivers are meant to flow. They are part of an ecosystem.

We don't throttle waterflow down to zero when the generators are not producing power. That's why there is a bypass.

Whether or not we need power, the river downstream needs water.
Could we use that power that is otherwise lost to bypass?
Absolutely, if we have somewhere to store it OTHER than with the water's potential energy. (Putting a block tower stacker near dams could do this)

Anyways, this is all a diversion from the topic: Electric Chase Trucks

I think what Atlis is working on has potential for sure. Bollinger motors may have something as well and they are in production. Much more utilitarian.

Last edited:

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
In Laughlin at Sunrise you could wade across the river , a hour later they have throttled up the river to make power ….? We time the throttle below Hover dam with our paddle boards . You can find out what time and be ready , the kayak rentals all know about it

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
In Laughlin at Sunrise you could wade across the river , a hour later they have throttled up the river to make power ….? We time the throttle below Hover dam with our paddle boards . You can find out what time and be ready , the kayak rentals all know about it
Correct. They never completely stop the water flow. (Since it is a river, after all).

That is the "excess" some are referring to I suppose?

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
RDC Crypto
Not all hydro plants work the same.

Some throttle the upstream source between 100% down to 0% to match demand. Think dams and their lakes.

Others don’t restrict the flow at all. Think river water mills. Technically they also restrict it. Otherwise the wheel would not turn. They simply have no dam storage feature or it is neglect-able .

Others are hydro batteries where water gets pumped uphill and later harvested down hill.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Not all hydro plants work the same.

Some throttle the upstream source between 100% down to 0% to match demand. Think dams and their lakes.

Others don’t restrict the flow at all. Think river water mills.

Others are hydro batteries where water gets pumped uphill and later harvested down hill.
Exactly right. Not many are "hydro batteries" (pumping water back UPHILL) by your definition.

In fact, very few are. (This is what 43mod was making a fuss about using fossil fuels to pump water uphill)

Lake Castaic is one of the few in the US.

ON TOPIC:
Zeus has a bigger truck that seems like it could be a contender.
Not much info on the company but it's further along than Atlis with working prototypes (seemingly).

Last edited:

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
Lake Mojave is pure Hydropower lake, it has mandates to flows and water levels, we are at a tipping point where we loose output from either Powel or Mead as the water levels drop, Im gonna guess Powel will be the one to be shut down.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Lake Mojave is pure Hydropower lake, it has mandates to flows and water levels, we are at a tipping point where we loose output from either Powel or Mead as the water levels drop, Im gonna guess Powel will be the one to be shut down.

I dont know about that. Way easier to shut down the ones down river. LOL

The gov is making pretty big changes to keep Powell full so I think it's going to be fine. They just changed the rules that govern output and told everyone down stream to figure out how to use less water. Again way easier to win when up stream.

Mike

calstyl2

RDC Crypto
We will see, Arizona and California have a big say in those decisions, one thing for sure, no one is gonna be happy. The ECO crowd has had its aim on Powell for decades, now is their chance. Mojave is has federal laws related to water levels and flow, Havasu also.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
We will see, Arizona and California have a big say in those decisions, one thing for sure, no one is gonna be happy. The ECO crowd has had its aim on Powell for decades, now is their chance. Mojave is has federal laws related to water levels and flow, Havasu also.

Take a look. Like I said the ones up stream will always win.

This thread reminds me to check any thread as you never know what is being discussed in a thread. It’s rarely the topic in the title. Haha

Mike

43mod

RDC Crypto
Pretty funny Mg .Two hours ago the technology to reuse water for Hydro did not exist. Good job discovering it.