Electric Fan on a '91 4.0 Ranger??

michael

Reaction
Electric Fan on a \'91 4.0 Ranger??

This is probably an old question, but have any of you guys replaced the factory clutch fan on a 4.0 Ranger with an electric one? Any recomendations...manfacturer, part number etc.? Mine howls like a banshee and doesn't cool well at idle with the A/C on. Thanks for any suggestions.

redline

Reaction
Re: Electric Fan on a \'91 4.0 Ranger??

rangers seem to like the stock fan over an electric for some reason. if you just want to have your ac run better at idle you could just put a supplementary pusher fan on the condensor

michael

Reaction

My stock fan sounds like a jet taking off....so should I just live with it? The blades seem to be developing cracks where they attach to the hub. Maybe just a new stock fan....?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

keep the stock fan unless you plan on running a super heavy duty electric fan and an oil cooling set up with 10+ qts of fluid! Yeah it makes a lot of noise but it kicks ass. I have the heavy duty fan clutch that cost about 80 bucks and I can rock through sand washes on the rev limiter in the middle of summer with the AC on and it never clicks over 210. Get an aftermarket gauge so you know exactly where it is at...the factory gauges are useless. Drop down to a 180 thermostat in the summer but go back to the 197 factory thermostat in the winter