• Forum membership has its advantages....

Electric Fuel Pumps

green787

I was wondering if there were any reliable fuel pumps out there... My Holley's the magnets inside fall apart, and come unglued... I only need a reliable 5lbs of pressure... Any recomendations??? What fuel pump do you use???

Zambo

Interesting. I used the same Holley blue pump on my truck for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green787

Interesting. I used the same Holley blue pump on my truck for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm mounting the next one on lord mounts, the frame rings like a bell, when I hit hard... could be a vibration problem working the magnets loose... I fought the magnetic fields and fixed one at Glamis once using epoxy glue...but it ran backwards...so I switched the wire polarity and it worked great for quite a while.... they are noisy as well... I'm over the Holley "Blues"..

green787

So I went with the cheapest one I could find, to see if mounting it on lord mounts would solve the problem... If it fails, I will try the Bosch next... Let me hear a shout out for CARBOLE'....!!!!!

Attachments

Kyle D

But yes your mounting should work. Just make sure oil doesn’t get on those mounts and sit cause they turn to jelly since there is no oil resistance to them. That would suck if your fuel pump went out cause it fell off......

pontoontodd

I have had good luck with this pump. One is about 10 years old and still works perfect.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CIQ5DG?tag=mcaveman-20

You can also use a EFI pump with a bypass regulator.
I second the Carter 4070, used them for 12 years and never had one fail. Low enough pressure you don't have to run a regulator. Plenty of flow for 200+hp and quiet. The only bad thing about them is the push on wire terminals, it is a pain to put the metal clip in place to hold them on but once installed they seem to stay on. Carter has a different pump with threaded studs for the electrical connections but I think it is higher pressure.