• Forum membership has its advantages....

Electric starter XR650R?

idealer

I am thinking of selling my xr due to kick start I'd be down for one too.

Ok I have the estart kit http://www.dallaramoto.com
they are Italy I have a bad knee so it is the best money I spent 2,200 US.
dallara honda still sales the 650 r . The estart is a option ... You have to send them your flywheel so the can mount a gear. I just got one on eBay so I have one for sale. Shorai lithium battery is what I put in it .. It is the same as cbr1000rr 2013 model. I can send more info if you like.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

At almost 50 years old starting that beast is a pain in the arse to me. Have called around and it seems no one makes an e-start for them anymore. If anyone has an idea where I can get one I'd very thankful. It's a 2007 model year Honda XR650R.

Thanks,
Hobbs
See my post

wayne_demonja

dallara honda still sales the 650 r . The estart is a option ... You have to send them your flywheel so the can mount a gear. I just got one on eBay so I have one for sale. Shorai lithium battery is what I put in it .. It is the same as cbr1000rr 2013 model. I can send more info if you like.

View attachment 138149

View attachment 138148
Hi Phil, any info would help Thanks !

If you give me a email address I can send you the instruction that I translated a friend installed the kit for me it is a large file. As it has photos. They still sale the 650r in Italy and put this kit on as opt. It starts like dream not like all those other kits that They made. This one works each time.

wilcox71

Can you share the information on how you got the e start - did you just email them. Also can you share the instruction's?

wayne_demonja

If you give me a email address I can send you the instruction that I translated a friend installed the kit for me it is a large file. As it has photos. They still sale the 650r in Italy and put this kit on as opt. It starts like dream not like all those other kits that They made. This one works each time.
Hi Phil, my kit is going together great just a little slow , i have to do this in between paying jobs . So if you have any information and pictures it would be greatfull here's my email c-fab@skybeam.com Thanks!

drtrider145

the flywheels are way different also

scottm

Wow, nice work! What is also interesting was reading that the 650r is still available in Italy. I wonder if honda has improved it any since 07?

Bren8dan

View attachment 138149

View attachment 138148
Hi Phil, do you have any details on these Electric start conversions?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Hi I got mine from Italy it looks like Wayne is building kit you can email him and see where he is or click on the link for Dallara and email them. They read and write English. You will have to send your fly wheel to them to mount a gear. And you will have to wire him the money. I love mine hope this helps

Sorry it is up to your kit Wayne I can just say mine is still working. I thought I emailed you what I had if you want I can send what I have just send me your address.