ELF , burned hummers > fight club

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
On the backside DVD cover of "Fight Club" the movie of the word "SELF" the
"s" is blocked by artwork and only "ELF" is visible. "ELF" was sprayed at the scene of this weeks burned hummers in Covina and the "earth liberation front" does NOT deny responsibility or distance themselves from the action on their website.

In the story line of Fightclub terrorist like acts are being done. Things get set on fire.

Coincident ?

http://www.earthliberationfront.com/main.shtml

schafer

Reaction
whats funny is you have a bunch of retards burning SUV's to save the earth, whats even funnier is all the [censored] that is released into the atmosphere by burning rubber and plastic and [censored].. and yet they are saving us by burning that [censored].. WAJ

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Some news reporter said that the pollutants released by the fire was more than all of those trucks would have produced in their entire lives, huh go figure.

empire231

Reaction
hippies were never that smart to figure that out. hope nobody sets fire to my truck

martininsocal

Reaction
Whilke I think it is reprehensible to commit acts like this, I think it will be a good thing for us in the big picture. ELF has been active on the East Coast and the midwest for a long time, but has been silent here in California. Many who support extreme enviromentalists think that the worst they do is chain themslves to trees and stop whaling ships by boating in front of the Harpoon. Look at the press tree sitters get, on private property no less. I think the pendulum has begun to swing back towards more sensible management of our public lands, and the other side is pissed that they didn't get it all done under Clinton/Gore. So they are taking it to the next level. The public will equate ELF with other groups simply by association, and they will lose some support that have had by associating responsible OffRoaders with Law Breaking extremists who do not represent us. Tit for Tat, I guess.

Ryan B

Reaction
It's pretty funny, my friend read that in the united states automobiles only make up about 1% of air polution while large refineries and factories make up almost 40. It's pretty lame that we get the sh*# end of the stick.

drtdevil93

Reaction
ya, but remember, it was mainly those POS h2 hummers. ive had the urge to set some of those ablaze, with their owners inside. damn yuppies!!!

erik

michael_loomis

Reaction
ah man !! what could they possibly be thinking !!

lol im no yuppie and i'd never buy one but , wow those H2's ride EXCELLENT for a truck/SUV !! down the 52 at 90mph , and i'd swear that rough section didnt exist ! i'd love to pre-run in one !

drtdevil93

Reaction
then go buy a tahoe. its the same exact thing!!!! except for being like 25,000 cheaper.

erik

michael_loomis

Reaction
i know the arms and frame are the same , but the spring rates and shock valving are way different .

funny when you hit 90-05 ish you feel like your driving into a 400 mph jetstream with the wall of air that thing pushes.

GFC

Reaction
arnt extreme environmentalists such as ELF listed as terrorist? just somthing i herd from someone. from my understanding, some of them are.

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
I spend sometime on the elf site to learn about elf. My conclusion is that I see their point, the method is wrong. In my opinion you can't justify one wrong with another wrong.

While reading I felt that the elf should be classifieds terrorist.

GFC

Reaction
the reason i brought up the terrorist group thing is that where i work, we are costanly bombarded by environmentalist who are playing with less than a full deck of cards. would you belife it if i told you that a sertain group wanted the eliphants that were sent to the wild animal park killed rather than put into the park? the country from witch they came from was going to destroy them for whatever reason. the judge who had to listen to them must have had a real laph when they stood infront of him trying to convince him that they souldnt be addmitted to the park(a death sentance)

Ryno

Reaction
Funny this comes up....Way back when I was working for Home Depot, while getting a new store ready to open, we walked into work one day with a bunch of these yahoos chained to the lumber racks. We all got a long chuckle out of that, before and after the police took them to their cages. If only they could teach common sense.

Ryno

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
the H2 is a tahoe frame boxed and lengthened and uses 3/4 ton truck suspension. Its actually a bitchin vehicle and although I did not like them at first after watching several shows on them now I am somewhat impressed with them and would not mind owning one on Beadlocks and 37's. Just cant find the $55k to get one..

pciscott

Reaction
I agree with John, I like Hummers!

PLS

Reaction
These ELF idiots recently burned down a Condo project under construction in the San Diego area causing a few hundred thousand $'s in losses, and putting a lot of people out of work. No excuse or justification for this stuff. Reminds me of the Earth First! jackasses and the booby traps they would set in the desert and in places where logging is taking place.
Pete- BOYD RACING

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
The loss on the condo fire had recently been raised to 50 MILLION !!, which included the insurance and loss of jobs on the project. The funny thing about ELF's reasoning for burning it down was to reduce rampant urban development. As though they were building this in the middle of the garden of eden. The only reason they picked that site was they could hop the fence and make a quick getaway on the freeway.

bajakirby23

Reaction
is this a post about ELF or those yellow lunch boxes on wheels. don't get me wrong the H2 is a good truck but it has no real purpose, except for stupid soccer moms to drive in and run people off the road. now for ELF they are tarrorist and should be delt with acordingly, the war on terror we are fighting is to all that cause terror to anyone weather it be bobly harm or destruction of personnal property and that is why this war on terror is bogus are we going to go to germany, france, england, etc. and attack the terrorist in those countries they are there because the countries let them be there. I mean in this country alone there are terrorist orginizations that the gov is aware of but does nothing it is a joke. but how am i, i can't do anything about it but believe me if i ever meet one of these ELF members i will kick his a@% to knock some sense into him.