Email notifications

JDDurfey

Reaction
Here is a screenshot of my "preferences" What do I need to do so I don't get anymore emails about posts and what not. I am tired of my email getting clogged. I log into this site just about every day so I don't need emails about it.

Screenshot (10).png

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Go to Email options and unclick
  • Receive news and update emails
  • Receive activity summary email

JDDurfey

Reaction
If you look at the picture above you will see that I have none of the email options boxes "checked" Do I need to "check" them? The picture I posted is a screen shot of my current preferences.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
If you look at the picture above you will see that I have none of the email options boxes "checked" Do I need to "check" them? The picture I posted is a screen shot of my current preferences.
I am distracted by that energy harvesting rig of some kind on the right side of your screenshot. Impressive.

The email setting appear to be setup the correct way so I am puzzled why you still get any. I will throughout the day dive deeper into this.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
You looked under preferences... There is another area under Privacy that has email settings.

Those emails could also come from your watched threads. That setting is a little bit hidden and perhaps I can add a button inside the User Profile in the future.
Look here inside your Watched Threads

Once there in the bottom right you may mass change those with email notification enabled to only watch without the emails.
If you have lots of them concentrate on the latest ones... Those are the active one you currently receive the most emails on for a quick fix.

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 08.13.16.png

Last edited:

JDDurfey

Reaction
I disabled email notifications, so hopefully that corrects it.

Thanks Klaus,

By the way, that unit in the picture is my company's newest version of cement pump called "Patriot" It has two 650 hp Cummins engines that operate high pressure pumps located on the back and a 9 liter Cummins that provides hydraulic power for pumps and other functions. We can pump up to 15 barrels (42 gallon/barrel) a minute down an oil well and up to 11,000 psi. The higher the psi the lower the rate.

We pump cement down oil wells to seal up the casing (pipe) so there are no leaks and the cement holds the casing in the ground. We are at an oil well 3 times during the course of drilling for the different stages of the well. The drilling rig in the background is a modern "walking rig" that will drill up to 5 wells on a single location.

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
I disabled email notifications, so hopefully that corrects it.

Thanks Klaus,

By the way, that unit in the picture is my company's newest version of cement pump called "Patriot" It has two 650 hp Cummins engines that operate high pressure pumps located on the back and a 9 liter Cummins that provides hydraulic power for pumps and other functions. We can pump up to 15 barrels (42 gallon/barrel) a minute down an oil well and up to 11,000 psi. The higher the psi the lower the rate.

We pump cement down oil wells to seal up the casing (pipe) so there are no leaks and the cement holds the casing in the ground. We are at an oil well 3 times during the course of drilling for the different stages of the well. The drilling rig in the background is a modern "walking rig" that will drill up to 5 wells on a single location.
I am in Huntington Beach and we have some Oil drilling operations going on down-town in-between residents. A few months ago they removed a pump...jammed some metal pipes into the ground...then did something with those...then pulled those pipes out... and now on top of it are new 3 story residents being built.

It was interesting to see all the heavy equipment in operation. Is that truck what they may have used for my neighborhood project?

JDDurfey

Reaction
If they drilled a new oil well they had to cement the casing, so yes, there was a cement pump on site several times. I have no idea what companies operate out that way. I know Haliburton was big up around Bakersfield at one time. Their equipment is red in color also.

There is a lot more oil being drilled and pumped in California than most realize. And of course your communist government keeps it on the down low. I have a friend that worked a rig that drilled in Brentwood. The rig was disguised and no one realized it was a rig. They also didn't drill at night there. Our rigs run round the clock. It costs $5,000 an hour to have the rig on location, so that bit only stops turning when it has to.