End of an era, Class 1?

Baja Jim

Reaction
Look at entries this years SCORE races has seen an increase in Class 1's every race this year over last year. And if you look at BITD I believe that this has been true as well.

Zac Reish

Reaction
I'm still running 930's. I keep gobbling up the new ones people have after they upgrade to 934's

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Class 1 is not dying a lot of the cars that are for sale have been for a while or have not been racing. Just they all came up at once.

After a while the class 10 guys will realize that it cost as much to run a class 10 than a class 1 with the exception of gas cost.

Our class 1 transmission bill is 1/3 of the cost of what we spent on our class 10, Our Cv's cost 1/2 the cost, engine prep more on class 1, same cost for axles, hiems, brakes. Tires not much more.

Then add in the fun factor of Class 1.
HAHAHAHAHAH , spoken from a guy thats trying to SELL his class one, cuz he went to a truck class....hahahahhahahahhahahahha

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Damn, there were a lot of slow Class 1 cars to have to pass.
first class 1 13th overall? and spec tt almost beat them all......with pumpgasstockpower ......yea class one is THRIVING......

Steve Rogers

Reaction
Class 1, as well as every other class, would benefit from limiting the tire sizes in TT. Easier on courses, cheaper on parts and evens things up.

CodyParkhouse

Reaction
As the Class 1 that finished 10th overall, and 55mins ahead of the winning spec TT, (FACTS Pete) let me ask you something. If you had the lead we had(over 20 mins at RM280), would you push as hard as you could or would you cruise to the finish and manage that gap to make sure you won the race? Because I made sure to get to the finish so we won the race.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
As the Class 1 that finished 10th overall, and 55mins ahead of the winning spec TT, (FACTS Pete) let me ask you something. If you had the lead we had(over 20 mins at RM280), would you push as hard as you could or would you cruise to the finish and manage that gap to make sure you won the race? Because I made sure to get to the finish so we won the race.
lead spec tt was up a ton as well so he im sure was cruising.....this thread was about class one "end of an era", is it? kinda? no more class ones near the overall, (now that truggys out) , not many racing, not many fast guys, them causing most of the bottlenecks.....heyday over??? i would say yes.....ttspec will outnumber them soon and probably start beating them all in a year....(stock power will slow them a little but cheater engines are coming along....)...... and no i wouldnt push with race in hand, i was at 270 and dont remember any class one way ahead, ...i could be wrong....

CodyParkhouse

Reaction
So 20 in SCORE and more in BITD is not many racing? I'll agree that the heyday is over, but that was over when the TT class grew and became reliable and they could push the trucks the entire race. But the thread was asking if the class is dead, and that answer is no, it is still one of the largest classes.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
So 20 in SCORE and more in BITD is not many racing? I'll agree that the heyday is over, but that was over when the TT class grew and became reliable and they could push the trucks the entire race. But the thread was asking if the class is dead, and that answer is no, it is still one of the largest classes.
im always amazed that you guys dont race with the big boys.....plenty of budget and talent.....as you said, race over at the halfway mark, not really much of a challenge is it??? whats the point??

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I'm going to launch a new RDC organization, C.T.U.

Counter
Trollism
Unit

I'll be Jack Bauer lol

Steve Rogers

Reaction
lead spec tt was up a ton as well so he im sure was cruising.....this thread was about class one "end of an era", is it? kinda? no more class ones near the overall, (now that truggys out) , not many racing, not many fast guys, them causing most of the bottlenecks.....heyday over??? i would say yes.....ttspec will outnumber them soon and probably start beating them all in a year....(stock power will slow them a little but cheater engines are coming along....)...... and no i wouldnt push with race in hand, i was at 270 and dont remember any class one way ahead, ...i could be wrong....
You are wrong. Parkhouse had blown by where your car was broken down on the hwy long long before I saw you.

Reaction
There are a lot of, shall we call them "Gentleman Racers" in Class 1 these days and only a hand full of you that can run top 10 O/A speeds. Those are the guys that have been and would be fast in all classes - some great talent but not a great class to show it in anymore.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
hate what??? hate who??? thread titled "end of an era"?....is that the same as "heyday over" , of course it is...and he admits it is, no big deal.....classes go up and down in popularity, look at class 10, big then almost EXTINCT, now huge......class one used to have 40+ cars consistently, now it doesn't....class one used to battle for the overall consistently, now it doesn't......FACTS??? of course....don't get butthurt

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
hate what??? hate who??? thread titled "end of an era"?....is that the same as "heyday over" , of course it is...and he admits it is, no big deal.....classes go up and down in popularity, look at class 10, big then almost EXTINCT, now huge......class one used to have 40+ cars consistently, now it doesn't....class one used to battle for the overall consistently, now it doesn't......FACTS??? of course....don't get butthurt
Class 10s used to battle for the overall (Hovey) too, whats your point? Is it the end of their era too? Just because they cant overall anymore theyre done?

The unlimiteds had what? 11 less entries than TTs so lets stick a fork in them?

Robin Hood

Reaction
As soon as class one goes to a spec V8 motor it will be huge again... and they will still beat the 6100s LOL.