End of an era, Class 1?

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
As soon as class one goes to a spec V8 motor it will be huge again... and they will still beat the 6100s LOL.
maybe YOU should beat the spec tt's, THEN talk......

Dirty Harry

RDC Crypto
Website
www.harrysituations.com
There are a lot of, shall we call them "Gentleman Racers" in Class 1 these days and only a hand full of you that can run top 10 O/A speeds.

Isn't that true of any class? What percentage of TT or Class 10 drivers would you say have a shot at the win on a given day?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

steve squires

RDC Crypto
With a competitive 6100 costing every bit of $275K to build I think some will
see purchasing and racing a class 1 as a good option and still one hell of a lot of fun.
Not everyone that is desert racing is racing for fame and glory.

bob91yj

RDC Crypto
For me, racing is about winning. I'm just a chase guy, but I'm not there to waste my time, money and effort to support someone that wants to go for a fast ride through the desert for "fun". There are adventure tour companies that offer those types of trips.

At EVERY race where I've been part of a team, I truly believed that we had a shot at the podium in our class when the car pulled up to the start line. I've never been on a team that quit a race either. If the car isn't timed out, we're still racing, regardless of how bad things are.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
With a competitive 6100 costing every bit of $275K to build I think some will
see purchasing and racing a class 1 as a good option and still one hell of a lot of fun.
Not everyone that is desert racing is racing for fame and glory.
trucks running 2nd and 3rd on the road at last weekends baja500 cost $150k....so be careful posting facts, that ARENT

steve squires

RDC Crypto
Its great that you have had the opportunity to be affiliated only with teams that are capable of consistently winning. We have been involved in many forms of professional motorsports including motocross, formula atlantic
and offshore power boat racing. It has been our experience that new comers to a motorsport do not typically take the podium. Certainly there are exceptions to this, they are however not typical. It is more often the case that it takes several seasons for a successful team to be built and for the nuances of the sport to be mastered. Winning is great, don't get me wrong, but the insinuation that the only people that should be participating in this sport are those capable of winning a podium is very short sighted. We are relatively new to this sport and hope this attitude is not the consensus.

bob91yj

RDC Crypto
It would be better said that the team had an attitude that we were capable of a podium at every race. Jeepspeed specs keep the cars somewhat affordable, not much interest from people wanting to spend stupid $$$ to win in the class, so the cars were fairly even IMO.

We didn't always get a podium, plenty of heartache along the way, near misses, etc. Our car was always well prepped, enough volunteers on the team to cover the logistics of the race, etc. I get it that everyone has to start somewhere...we did that too, the first Wrangler in Jeepspeed, rather than the traditional Cherokee's. We had a STEEP learning curve the first couple of seasons.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
The Geiser built Banning 6100 that finished third was $150K?? That is a great deal.
NO.....PROBABLY 350K.....THE ONE THAT GOT SECOND WAS 150......at rm 270, $150k trucks were running 2-3rd after starting 11 and 15th.....so spending ALL the money on a heavy name brand trucks isnt mandatory to be competitive....

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
For me, racing is about winning. I'm just a chase guy, but I'm not there to waste my time, money and effort to support someone that wants to go for a fast ride through the desert for "fun". There are adventure tour companies that offer those types of trips.

At EVERY race where I've been part of a team, I truly believed that we had a shot at the podium in our class when the car pulled up to the start line. I've never been on a team that quit a race either. If the car isn't timed out, we're still racing, regardless of how bad things are.

I want you on my team.

Fourstroker

RDC Crypto

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
So are you saying that someone can buy one of your trucks for $150,000.00? Not what you told me.
not anymore.....charity over......but not much more for someone that has the ability and dedication to WIN with it......

RedRide

RDC Crypto
As soon as class one goes to a spec V8 motor it will be huge again... and they will still beat the 6100s LOL.
It is not a bad idea to shift them into a spec motor and tire size group since they don't compete as an unlimited vehicle. This would significantly increase the finishing rate which usually correlates to increased entries.

They still aren't going to compete with 6100.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
A buggy class with spec engine / transmission and tire size would explode in entries. Of course you would need CRB in place as well as a promoter that can actually check engines to see if legal (no just look at a wire crimp seal) but actually have them checked and if you cheat your Banned for life from the class or it will not work. A 3000 lb buggy dork with and LS-3 / 4 speed h pattern Fortin / 37 BFG's would smoke a 6100. Maybe not Steve's Corona 6100 being that's probably a 350k truck but most of them. You could even call this Buggy the middle income class and the public could relate J/K.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
A buggy class with spec engine / transmission and tire size would explode in entries. Of course you would need CRB in place as well as a promoter that can actually check engines to see if legal (no just look at a wire crimp seal) but actually have them checked and if you cheat your Banned for life from the class or it will not work. A 3000 lb buggy dork with and LS-3 / 4 speed h pattern Fortin / 37 BFG's would smoke a 6100. Maybe not Steve's Corona 6100 being that's probably a 350k truck but most of them. You could even call this Buggy the middle income class and the public could relate J/K.
yes i realize your ignorance preceeds you......YOU HAVE NO IDEA....why do you think the first spec tt at the baja500 BEAT 19 out of 20 class ones??? (and not the kmart ones YOU are suggesting, the high dollar ones)....and the spectt class is in its infancy....ride in a fast one and you will understand....class1w wont kill them, merely divide class one and make it even more "end of an era"....