Enduro Trophy Truck

bpthirteen

Reaction
With the announcement from Score that Optima will be the new series sponsor, has anyone heard if Optima will sponsor Dave Ashley and Dan Smith. Optima bought Duralast and suspended all promotional activity. I hope this means that the Enduro team will have the major sponsor they deserve.

www.prepbyjake.com

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
They have Ford, what more could you ask for?

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

grt

Checkers *********
Reaction
That's not exactly true. They have Dick Landfield who has some pull at Ford. In spite of that, Landfield picks up most of the tab out of pocket of from sources other than Ford!

grt

bpthirteen

Reaction
I was told that they receive only limited support from Ford, and depended heavily on the support they received from Duralast. I was also told that they eliminated races from their schedule for financial reasons. Like I said before, I hope they find a new sponser.

www.prepbyjake.com

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: I think thats a question for Dave G

Well, I can't comment on what is currently in the works but after talking to Dave Ashley he said he has plenty of backing to race the rest of the season so there should be no reason to miss any races for lack of finances. This isn't the first time Dave has had to go shopping for sponsors and it probably won't be his last. He and Dick have always managed to get the job done and I'm very confident they will have a good sponsor on board here in the very near future.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

mgobaja

Reaction
Dave and Dan are both class acts, Excellent spokes persons for our sport. And with Dick Landfields ties to the automotive industry they should continue to be very successful.

scott

Reaction
Hey Dave the money that Enduro gets from Ford Powertrain..... Do they have run Transmissions that Ford gives them for R&D, for street applications ?????

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I dont see why they wouldnt. Its not like Ford is going to supply them something that they believe will not hold up and who is going to build something better then the Ford engineers are capable of.

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

Tom_Willis

Reaction
With seven Trophy Truck wins in a row, and a first class operation, it's really a shame that Enduro Racing can't get a major company to kick down real sponsor $s. For example, the US Postal service spends millions on bicycle racing. Now, why would an American mail service spend money promoting the silly Tour de France team? Wouldn't the average American rather see the USPS logo (An American eagle on a white background) on the side of a big fast truck in the American desert as opposed to on the shirt of a undernourished bicyclist wearing tights?

Josh_Bethmann

Reaction
Well said. God Bless America, and God Bless Off-Road Racing and Big Fast Trucks.
-Josh

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.JTB-Design.com>http://www.JTB-Design.com</A>

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I have to disagree with Tom on this one. I am a huge off-road fan as everyone knows but also love road bike racing. So I think it is very important for sponsors to get involved in every aspect of sports. They put just as much dedication and heart as any off-road racer and train to be the best. Why not be rewarded with big sponsors. We are dominating the tour the last couple of years. Pretty cool for the americans to beat the euros at their sport. So the more companies giving sponsors to sports the better. As soon as off-road gets on tv a lot you will see the big sponsors again. It is not the far off..

Just my 2 cents.

mgobaja

Reaction
I have to agree with John. When TV coverage started to slip ( ESPN, ABC ) we began to loose sponsorship intrest. I think that Don Shoemaker did a wonderful job considering the budget and funding he had. I was watching a bunch of old tapes from the late 80's early 90's the other day and the level of coverage and sponsorship have both drastically dropped. We need to go after coverage again, even if it's only 5 minutes on a Sunday showing of RPM tonight.

Volcom1095

Reaction
sort of off subject but what happend to that guy that posted about getting copys of all the old trophy truck footage from espn? i am ready to buy a copy if anyone else has copys i will buy a copy off you instead.

Mikey

Reaction
I agree with you John. Did you see Lance became the first American to win the Midi Libre, a traditional Tour de France warm-up, and Tyler is riding strong in the Giro. How many people will see the USPS logo on a TT at a 1day Score race with no tv coverage vs. 30 days of Coverage on OLN twice a day. Not to mention ABC on the weekends. Where would you advertise?

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Watching a guy riding a bicycle in France would hardly get me excited about standing in line to buy postage stamps here in L A. Sponsor $s are based on marketing surveys. The marketing surveys indicate that lots of people own bikes, but most don't ride them. (I've got three hanging up in the garage right now, and even though I couldn't even tell you what kind they are, statistically I am a bike enthusiast). Everybody who owns a truck or suv drives the thing, most of them (us) daily........... As I step down off the soap box, I want to mention that the post office really has very little need to advertise in the first place. Is the goal to convince Europeans to visit the USA, because they will love the mail?