engine a little hot?

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Reaction
I just saw this and had to show everyone.

It kind of reminds me of about 7 or 8 years ago when we had a Toyota car we used to jump, and when the suspension died we held the throttle wide open while throwing everything we could think of down the carb. (metal shavings, washers, etc...) the exhaust looked like that and was shooting sparks out the tail pipe. Good times...

Attachments

• 59547-hot.jpg
    59547-hot.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 391

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Curtis,

My Yamaha WR400 does that just at start up idle. It scared the $^it out of me the first time I saw it do that. I thought my motor was going to blow up.

JasonHutter

Reaction
We got our headers to glow like that on one of our engines. Turned out the timing was way off a couple of minutes later when we checked it and it corrected the problem!

Jason

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
at that temp. the turbo is working the best turbos love heat and when they glow it means your working the motor hard and it doesnt mean that its running to lean my turbo does that after a couple of hard passes down the drags!!...Mike

Dave_G

Reaction
The Cessna 310R twin I used to fly got the turbo and exhaust tubes hot like that. At night you could look out the windows and see this orange glow through the louvers in the cowling. Kind of cool but it made the passengers nervous. ;-)

Dave

yotatech

Reaction
Did anyone see the monster gatage where they built the rock crawler? Jesse had an old caprice i think and after a few donuts in the street put it in park and just sat there with the pedal to the floor till it blew up. The exhaust looked just like that . Then he drove over with the bronco. Good stuff.