Engine adapter plate for center mount

richard cretsinger

Reaction
i use a engine adapter plate from ati, my question is should i use this as a mount for center stability. sorry this is a class 1450 truck, has a ford motor in it and a turbo 400.i use the stock motor mount locations on the motor and the trans and the rubber is very similar, as far as hardness, im not braking anything but have had some trans issues lately. just lost a trans pump for some reason, but everything else was just fine in the thing. any ideas or help is appreciated.

knucklemeat

Reaction
off the top of my head, it would seem wrong to have the adapter plate solid mounted to the frame while the engine and trans mounts are flexible(if this is your setup) as this would cause alot of stress on the plate and everything it's bolted to. if you have a simple adapter plate that is not mounted to the frame and you are having trans pump issuse,it may be just poor alingment between the engine and trans possibly caused by the holes in the plate getting ovalled out(or not aligning in the first place). maybe we could give a bit more insight if we knew what the setup is and what is the history of reliability with it?