engine feedback

irishprerunner

RDC Crypto
i am getting really bad engine feedback through my intercom. i have checked the ground and it appears to be in good shape. does anybody have any suggestions on something else to try? i tried calling john at m.r.c. and he has not gotten back to me yet but i am trying to get this fixed tonight. i have also heard that i can put a resistor inline but i do not know if that goes in the power or ground side or if it will even help. the intercom is the Avcomm 502.

thanks

wrightracing.net

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wrightracing.net
Lift the ground on the intercom first as a test and the negative on the Intercom power. Check if you still get the engine noice and the Intercom is still working properly. In some cases the Intercom ground's through the radio and can cause a ground loop where you will hear engine noise badly.

Also, make sure not to have any intercom cable's parallel to any ignition cables or power cables.

Same thing with any antenna coax cables.

Those are usually the culprits of engine noise, I hope that helps.

Good luck.

wrightracing.net

RDC Crypto
Website
www.wrightracing.net
Bob, the Weatherman, from PCI, showed me a trick many years ago on a ground loop problem with a intercom, he said cut the black lead to the power. It completely went against my better natural and thinking about vehicle electrical. But what you know, buzz gone. The intercom was grounding through the radio interface cable, causing the issue. Bob said, it is grounded, so just tape off the black power wire on the intercom and you are good to go..

Bob was a Great guy.
Weatherman RIP...